OK, only the true old-timers out there will remember this name, but Dan Shawler.
Ooohhh...I remember that name! Guess I've been around awhile! I actually met Dan and Leanne at Dan's apartment in San Diego - I was living in San Diego at the time. Well, now I suppose I have to respond too. smile

1. What does your board name mean?

It's a nickname my brother gave me when we were kids. I have no idea what it means. Neither does he!

2. Where do you live, and what is something you love about that place?

I live in Riverside, California, which is about an hour east of Los Angeles*. I love that I'm an hour from everything* - the beach, the mountains, the desert, Hollywood tv tapings, my family, Disneyland...you name it, I can pretty much do it at the drop of a hat.
(*driving at 2am in the carpool lane wink )

3. When did you start watching L&C?

Day 1. Okay, really, I taped the first episode because SeaQuest, DSV was airing its first episode at the same time and I thought it was going to be better. Wow, was that show lame! So an hour later, I watched the tape of the L&C pilot, then taped every episode of the series so I could have them forever. (This was well before the days that you could buy whole tv series on dvd or search for bootleg episodes online!)

4. Rank the seasons in order of preference:

2; 1; 3; every fanfic that put right what the series did wrong; ummm...was there another season?; the unaired 5th season; oh fine, I suppose there were some okay episodes in season 4

5. What is a show currently on the air you just can't miss?

Prison Break! Oh wait, that was cancelled. Pushing Daisies! Oh wait, that was cancelled. I could go on with examples from throughout the years (Wonderfalls, Profit)...I think actors should pay me NOT to watch their shows in order to guarantee their job security.

6. What is your cooking (or burning) speciality?

I burn water. If it's my turn to "cook" for myself and my son, we have a bowl of cereal for dinner. My husband can always be sure of my fidelity because I would die of starvation without him.

7. What sports team do you always root for, even when they suck?

San Diego Chargers...go Bolts! Maybe one day you'll leave me without bitter tears at the end of the season.

8. What is something you never leave the house without?

My contact lenses. I'd never make it to the door without them!

9. Who is the first FoLC you really remember talking to?

I was a lurker for a long time...I recognize so many names on the boards but never wrote to any of them. I remember going to one of the FoLCfests and driving some FoLCs to Magic Mountain to go on the Superman ride, including FlakyDom and Jackie. They criticized my erratic LA driving and the fact that I was passing cars on the right. laugh

10. As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?

Nothing! My best friend knew since she was a kid that she wanted to be a doctor (hey, guess what, she's a doctor now!). I thought since I had no clue, that meant I was destined to die young, before I had to make a choice. I know...morbid, right? I swear, I'm not a serial killer!

11. What is something you collect?

I own almost every story Agatha Christie ever wrote. I collect the Hallmark Star Trek Christmas ornaments. My husband believes that I would buy Napoleon Bonaparte brand nuclear waste just because it had his name on it...I think I'd wait for a coupon.

12. Are you less bored than when you started this poll?

Most assuredly! One can only play Mafia Wars on Facebook for so long! wink

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink