1. What does your board name mean?

Most stories end after the Big Decision; i.e. the couple is finally together, or whatever goal the characters were aiming for. But most of life happens afterwards, in the happily ever after. So, since I've got a wonderful husband and five terrific kids and I'm pretty much living the life I chose, then this *is* my happily ever after, right? Doesn't mean I'm always happy; right now my brother has uncurable cancer and the whole family is under a lot of strain, but I'm past the "Life will be better once X happens" stage and more in the "Long obdedience in the same direction" stage. Anyone over 35 will know what I mean by that.

2. Where do you live, and what is something you love about that place?

I live in the South Bend, Indiana area. I grew up in the Washington, DC area, so I can very much relate to KathyB loving Indiana but missing DC. I love the small city size. It's close enough to Chicago if you really must have a big city experience now and then, but small enough that you can get your mind around it. And I love that hubby's job and lack of commute time allow him to be home much more than he was in DC. The whole area is very family friendly. I also love that Lake Michigan is only 45 minutes away; I'm a beach fan and the Lake is *almost* like an actual ocean.

3. When did you start watching L&C?

I remember seeing some of it when it first aired. But I really got into it a couple of years ago when an ad for Lois & Clark on AOL video showed up on my welcome screen. My young son and I wathced them together online, then I found the DVDs and ordered the whole set. We watched them in the car on a long road trip. I think Clark is a terrific role model for a young boy who's trying to figure out what it means to be a man and what it means for a man to love a woman.

4. Rank the seasons in order of preference:

Three (I love watching Lois get to know the whole Clark), Early Four (newlyweds - gotta love'em), One, Two, Late four in far last place

5. What is a show currently on the air you just can't miss?

There isn't one. I liked New Amsterdam and Life on Mars, but they seem to have died. Obviously I'm not the target audience for TV shows. Our family just did the Nielson rating survey this week, though. My 14 y.o. asked "Can I put down two shows if they air at the same time but I *would* watch them both if they were on at different times?"

6. What is your cooking (or burning) speciality?

My daughter does the cooking at our house. It's her way of not having to clean. It started like this: "Would you please sweep the floor?" "Do I have to?" "Well, I'm cooking dinner. Would you rather do that?" (rhetorical question, I thought) "Yes." "Oh. Okay."

7. What sports team do you always root for, even when they suck?

Notre Dame football, because we have season tickets, and any team my 9 y.o. son is on, even though their baseball team won exactly one game this year. He made the all-star team, though, so now he's having fun.

8. What is something you never leave the house without?

I can't top the "bra" answer.

9. Who is the first FoLC you really remember talking to?

CarolM, who kindly beta'd Foreshadowing, along with Amber and Ray, and who helped me learn to navigate the boards and the whole editing process.

10. As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?

A doctor, and Marmee from Little Women. After watching my aunt go through med school with three kids, I realized I had to choose. I chose the big family. Not that my biology degree never comes in handy. It's useful for answering questions such as "Mommy, what is poop made of?" And I homeschool my elementary aged kids, so you could call me a teacher, too. (Actually, all parents are teachers.)

11. What is something you collect?

Kids. But I give most of them back when I'm finished with them. (I'm a foster parent, but I've also got five of my own.)

12. Are you less bored than when you started this poll?

I wasn't bored; I was dead tired. Dont know why. I think it's just that it's Friday and a busy week has caught up with me. So now I've had a wonderfully lazy afternoon reading all the poll answers and being delightfully unproductive. Now it's off to a long hot bath before tonight's baseball game.

This *is* my happily ever after.