Well... if you hold a certain opinion about a character, which you are explaining/defending, and there's a scene from the show that seems to prove your point, why not use it? I think that's mostly what those things are about -- someone saying, "No, I am NOT crazy to think X because the same thing was in episode Y" (Someone will probably come back with how it was totally contradicted in episode Z, but that's the fun of it.)

Most of us aren't trying to impose our opinion on anyone, we just want to make it understandable. The best end to that is everyone saying "Okay, I see what you mean. I still don't see it that way, but I can see how you would."

That's how I see it, anyway. Personally, I think canon is a wonderful starting place, to be altered or ignored at will laugh

And I was thinking the other day about the "Lois moving on" issue -- my mother and grandmother both outlived two husbands. Women in general live longer than men, so that's very common. Women "move on" every day. Superheros, not so much. Maybe we're not so interested in the stuff we know about, but want to explore the stuff we don't know so much about.

Just a thought smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K