Interesting thread.

I guess I have problems understanding why either one need to be 'punished'. After all, the heart wants what the heart wants.

Take Lois. It was only a few episodes in before Lois seemed to recognize that Clark was a great guy. But there is a huge leap between recognizing that someone is a great guy and wanting to spend the rest of your life with him. I mean, if there wasn't, then why didn't Clark just marry Mayson Drake? After all, she was a great girl. But Clark's heart wanted Lois. Lois' heart, on the other hand, wanted Superman. Why should she be punished for that?

I guess I just don't get the whole 'punish anyone' idea? Seems odd to me.

Besides, I love both characters too much to want to see them 'punished' - especially for the rest of their lives. Not that I don't want to smack both of them upside the head on occasion laugh and not that I'm not willing to put them through a little angst along the way, but I still want that 'happily ever after' for both of them and I want them to find it with each other.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane