Terry,

All they wanted to do was to make money. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less. If they thought they could make money by making James Kirk a Bolian transvestite with a taste for Rigellian dwarfs, they'd do it.
Several people have made comments to this effect and I believe that it isn’t news to anyone that Hollywood producers are in it for the money, or that continuity defers to the need of the episode, it certainly isn’t to me. I still doesn’t change that I enjoy discussing my favourite TV-show, and the parts thereof.

Maybe we should write more and gripe less.
What is that supposed to mean? Does this discussion disturb your artistic creativity? I assure you aren’t missing any good stories from me if I stopped wasting bandwith.

Pam,

Um... okay, here you've lost me. Is this the "the writers made him do it so it wasn't really his fault" defense?
Pretty much, since it doesn’t make any sense even on a superficial level, why seriously treat it as if it’s a true expression of Clark’s character?
I can understand bashing Clark for errors of judgement, but not when he is a victim of a character assassination by the script writers.
It’s like Lois apartment, sometimes it’s on the first floor sometimes on the fourth, sometimes at the top of a skyscraper, but in MY mind I think of it is a couple of floor up, I chose one mutually exclusive way to imagine how it looks. I do the same thing with the characters or the plot.

But please notice that this is my opinion, If people derive pleasure from writing post contact stories and bash Clark over his “reasoning” or want Lois live at the top of the Empire State building, have a ball. It’s canon after all. wink

I do know you, and I know you wouldn't lie... at least to me...most of the time...