Arwen wrote:

Maybe we should write more and gripe less.
What is that supposed to mean? Does this discussion disturb your artistic creativity? I assure you aren’t missing any good stories from me if I stopped wasting bandwith.
No, this discussion does not disturb my artistic creativity. I was merely commenting on the intensity of the opinions expressed in this thread, not the content nor the fact that many of us have differing opinions. Apparently, I didn't frame my comment clearly enough.

I have written before that if everyone on this board liked exactly the same kind of story and every writer wrote just like every other writer, this would be a boring place to visit. All I wanted to suggest was that maybe some of us are more strident in expressing our opinions than is necessary to make our points.

I was doing just as you were doing, Arwen. I was expressing my opinion. My opinion is not inherently more 'correct' than yours any more than yours is inherently more 'correct' than mine. I find the intense discussion of the minutia of Lois and Clark alternately amusing and slightly disturbing. Some come across as holding 'the right opinion' on certain subjects, and others disagree with those folks more enthusiastically than I like. That doesn't make them wrong, it simply means that I'd rather be uplifting than critical. If I have offended you with this post or with my previous post, I sincerly apologize, because that has NEVER been my intent.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing