But, with one exception, I can think of no fics that are exclusively about Lois moving on - where Clark is either dead or Lois gives up hope for a life with him and, by the end, has moved on to be with someone else while Clark remains alone.
Would "Ad Aspera per Aspera" be the exception by chance? It's a magnificent example of what you're describing, I think.

And this may not qualify, since L&C do end up together in this fic, but I think Demi's "Heaven's Prisoners" does a lovely job of showing Lois moving on. It's been a while since I read it, but my sense was that had Clark not come back into her life, Lois would have moved on and could have been happy with someone else. It might not have been the exact same happiness she had with Clark, but it wouldn't have been meaningless either. She gives Clark another chance because she loved him first and because they were married and that means something to her, but not because her life was totally empty and worthless without him.

In the end, however, I think the dearth of "Lois moving on" fics can probably be attributed to the fact that so many of us are hopeless L&C shippers. blush I know I wouldn't write it, just because I'm here because I love to see Lois and Clark together, even if I torture them a little along the way. There may be a slightly greater number of "Clark moving on" fics, probably because of the likelihood that he'll outlive her, but they're still in the minority.

Caroline