Originally posted by mrsMxyzptlk:
One of the things I like about this story is that the narrator calls Clark/Superman "Superman" when he's Superman. A lot of LnC fanfic I've read has the narrator refer to him as "Clark" no matter what he's wearing, even when all the other characters in the scene think he's only Superman. It gets really confusing having Lois and Inspector Henderson and whoever talking to "Clark" and then finding out halfway through the scene that he's in a cape, and they're talking to Superman.

All in all, this is an enjoyable story to read, not only because of the engaging plot, but also because the writing is clear. I always know who is speaking, I always know whether Clark or Superman is in the scene, and I'm not tripping over bad grammar.

Plot-wise, I'm frustrated at what an idiot Clark is about Lois, but that's totally in character for him. I also get the feeling that the soul-mate curse wouldn't apply to this Clark with this Lois, but I can see that Clark wouldn't want to take that chance. Usually I hate the curse plot-line, but here it works since we've already got Lois dealing (albeit unknowingly) with the repercussions of losing her true soul-mate and falling for a pseudo-soul-mate.

To really clear the air between them, Clark of course has to tell her that CK=SM and that he's from another dimension. He entertains the idea of telling her CK=SM without telling her the other, but I've been wondering what would happen if he told her that he's actually from another dimension without telling her about Superman. Would she believe him? It might clear up her questions about his past, and he could tell her about H.G. Wells, and even the curse, which would explain his recent behavior. In the long run, though, I'm not sure that that would do much good without telling her everything, since I don't think they can have a real, solid relationship without her knowing both secrets. Which makes me wonder whether telling her he's Superman without telling her about the other dimension is worthwhile.

Whew! I'm glad I finally found these boards and got signed up. It's nice to be able to respond and rant about a story I'm reading, rather than just keeping it all pent up inside. :-)
Well, technically he has told her about the other dimension, jsut in a tone where she did not actually believe him.

I guess in theory once you have a world with Superman, inter-dimensional travel should not seem too difficult. So maybe he could tell her about it and get her to believe it.

However I don't think he expects her to accpet the curse ever, so I really don't see him pursuing that angle. I mean, in canon they only accept the curse because Wells has proof, and I think that is largely Lois fueling the skepticism. I figure that is why alt-Clark accepts Wells word for the situation here.

John Pack Lambert