Superman pulled his gaze away from where Lois was hiding behind some crates on Pier 31, and back to the present, turning his sights to the sea.
So no recap of Clark going back to the planet after dropping Lois there while SM?

Natural disaster? What had Herb told him about that natural disaster he was supposed to stop?
Which one. As I recall at the end of "Missing Lois" there were two large scale disasters that were both killing thousands.

In all the confusion about pheromones,
And very high desires for Lois.

the broken timeline, curses, and saving Lois’s true Clark, he had forgotten completely about asking Herb to tell him more about the natural disaster,
Not that it would have done much good. This would have assumed that Wells knoew much about it, and that he was willing to share. In the unlikely event that the first had been true, the second would alsmot certainly not have been.

which would destroy this dimension.
Nah, just the earth at worse. Mars would reamin intact.

Herb had said it wouldn’t occur for years, hadn’t he?
For about the minimum possible value of the term "years".

Because without a Superman, nearly the entire population of her world was destroyed, roughly a year or two ago. Altering the future of this dimension cannot do anything but good, Herb had said, during their initial conversation about this dimension.
So Smilley killed off everyone not at his institute?

With dismay, Clark realized that Herb had never said specifically that a ‘natural disaster’ would destroy this dimension;
Not Nighfall then?

Clark had only assumed the disaster was natural. ‘A year or two ago’ from when they had held the conversation in February 1997 would mean that the disaster could have happened as early as February 1995. What if Herb had been wrong? What if in his confusion, he had meant February 1994? What if Rourke’s sabotage of Luthor’s project did more than create this one tidal wave? What if it somehow flooded the Earth?
That would be very bad.

With dread, Clark realized this also meant that he might not have another year before disaster struck. Even if this event wasn’t the cause of this dimension’s destruction, anything he came across from now on could be.
Hey, but he is Superman. He should be able to take care of it.

He had stopped a small tidal wave off the coast of New Zealand prior to coming to this dimension,
So I guess he did lie to Cat. Although, admitting that he did know of that probably would not have been wise. It would have lead to too many questions.

Do you think I don’t trust that you will save us?
I was wondering if you might want to set off the words said by other people and thought in his mind some way. I actually followed it mostly, except maybe when he was remembering what Wells said, but that was mainly because it refered to the past that was future, so it was a mess no matter what.

Lois’s words echoed through his head. She had done nothing but yell at Superman when they had spoken tonight… earlier this morning, but she still hadn’t stopped believing in him.
At least one person believes in him.

Superman straightened his shoulders. If Lois believed in him, then he knew he could do it.
smile1

The helicopter fired its projectile into the water. With his telescopic vision, Superman watched how the sonic wave from the ship targeted the object, causing it to explode underwater. On first glance, Luthor’s system worked as it was supposed to. It appeared that either Rourke failed in his vandalism, or Luthor’s people had found how Rourke had tinkered with the system and fixed it in time. Thankfully, 'shock wave' didn't seem to cause a corresponding water wave.
whinging I always liked the incoming Tsunami and Clark destroying it.

A small motorboat zoomed into the restricted test area just as the projectile’s blast reached the surface. Superman sped down to the boat, landing on the deck just in time for its destruction to throw him back into the air.
At least this time he took the blast in the suit, Lois will be less worried this way.

Superman stopped his forward momentum from the blast and quickly flew back down to the scene of the explosion. Both men were dead.
We now have an above canon body count of 6 I believe. Rachel Harris, Walt Irig, Monique Kahn, Miranda, Thadeus Rourke and Bart.

John Pack Lambert