-- Response to John's FDK - Cont.

“Superman…” she started, and then paused. “Did Clark talk to you?”
SM:Not deliberately.
clap

SM:I never claimed to be perfect.
No, but in comparison.

Hmm, is this wise. It might cause her to see similarities with how she pushes around her partner.
He doesn’t want her to hurt herself by pushing him.

So Clark's plot to make Lois fall in love with him by nudging her on as Superman actually did work?
Awww. Shucks. It worked.
CLARK: Really? Nobody is more surprised that me.

Lois: And how exactly can you be sure of that. Maybe I told him but told him to not tell you. Clark is an honorable man, and he would not betray my trust like that.
SM:Ah, well, you see.
Lois:What?
SM:I am Clark.
Hmmmm. John says it’s time for Lois to know. Of course, I think he’s been saying that since his first post. [Linked Image]

I can see his point. Still, I think especially Lois patience with him when he told her about his ex-fiancee should have alerted him to the fact that there was more.
CLARK: I find that assuming that Lois doesn’t love me until she tells me she does verbatim saves a lot of heartache.

Lois: Well, only you can do that, Superman.
He meant literally. She thought figuratively.

Well, she has told him that. He just figured it was the drugs speaking.
[Linked Image]

He could see her searching her mind for the time when she had spoken the words that Clark had longed to hear since they first kissed, way back in Trask’s plane.
READER: Wait, he didn't start wanting to hear those words until the kiss on Trask's plane?
Clark didn’t expect it before then. Of course, you’re right I’ll work on the wording of that line. Thanks.

Is it wise to say this as SM when she does not know SM=CK. It makes it seem CK talks about extremely private things that he would be best off not sharing with any excetp Lois. It also might make her think that CK has shared more with Cat than he has.
So, guys don’t say things like that to each other when no women are present? That only happens in movies, TV shows, books, and fanfiction? [Linked Image]

So he is now starting to get powerful reasons to tell her the truth.
So, he’s figured out these reasons to tell Lois: 1) Because she deserves to know the truth, 2) Because she loves him, 3) Because making love with her knowing the truth would be so much better (Should Herb’s theory be wrong, of course), 4) he would be able to kiss her as Superman (SLV not withstanding), 5) Cat and the Kents think he should, 7) because it would make his life easier, 8) because angry Lois is sexy, 9) because he's really bad at lying, and 10) so she wouldn’t stop in the middle of conversations with Superman to wait and tell something to Clark privately. I wonder what Clark will do with all this insurmountable evidence piling up? [Linked Image]

<<John starts to hyperventilate>> he is going to tell her.
Did you really think it would be THAT easy? clap Touché!

So Smilley killed off everyone not at his institute?
Not everyone, just a good enough portion. There were some people safe on high mountains, but what their lives would have been like afterwards is anyone guess. Definitely not Utopia.

Not Nighfall then?
According to Lynn S.M. Nightfall was a alien spacecraft. laugh

That would be very bad.
CLARK: My point exactly!

Hey, but he is Superman. He should be able to take care of it.
CLARK: Yes, but the head’s up had been nice for a change.

So I guess he did lie to Cat. Although, admitting that he did know of that probably would not have been wise. It would have lead to too many questions.
Not anything that large, I believe was the qualifier.

I was wondering if you might want to set off the words said by other people and thought in his mind some way. I actually followed it mostly, except maybe when he was remembering what Wells said, but that was mainly because it refered to the past that was future, so it was a mess no matter what.
Usually I italicize remembered dialogue / flashback dialogue. Do you think it needs quotes, since I also use italics for thoughts. I can add single quote marks if you think it would make it more clear.

At least one person believes in him.
CAT: I believe in Superman <<rings a bell>>
JIMMY: That’s for angels.
CAT: Honey, if Superman isn’t an angel in those tights I don’t want to go to heaven.

I always liked the incoming Tsunami and Clark destroying it.
Yes, but I’ve got to change things around so that alt-Clark can make this dimension his own. Anyway, Lois's extra knowledge needs to be put to good use to stop disasters sometimes.

At least this time he took the blast in the suit, Lois will be less worried this way.
CAT: I’m not fixing any more holes in your uniform. Wait. Unless you’re wearing it at the time. [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.