The Clark hiding under the Superman suit couldn’t help but sputter in shock, “You love him?”
Considering what happened when he kissed her in the Honeymoon Suite, he should not be too overly surprised.

Clark:But that just showed she wanted me. Loving me is totally different.

Lois’s expression went from baffled to shocked understanding to sadness to anger in the split-second it took for him to return his face from Clark’s to Superman’s.
Clark:Oh no, she saw though my disguise. Now she is going to go balistic on me. I should have told her SM=CK before she saw the truth.

“Now, you’re upset?” she yelled at him.
SM:Whew. I guess I was worried over nothing. She did not see through the disguise.

“Now? You didn’t think I would fall for Clark, did you?
SM:I gave up most of my hope of that happening several time. Never totally, but somewhat from time to time.

I remember that you laughed when I told you about that dream of Clark kissing me that I had all those months ago,
SM: That was not why I laughed. You misunderstood my reaction.

Did you think it ludicrous that someone strong like me could fall for someone like him,
SM:I didn't dare hope for it to occur.

with his frailties, and emotional problems, and… and… and his fears,
SM:He fears for you. His fears are not what you think they are.

which manifest into physical problems?
SM:Umm, Lois, I think you have the wrong idea about why he can't make love with you.

Lois:What mad that no good, double-crossing, he told you about that? grumble is there anything between him and me that you don't know about.

SM:Well, Lois, I am Clark, so.

Lois:You are Clark! What type of a rubbish claim is that. Clark is a much better man than you.

SM:Well, since I am him, not really.

Someone who isn’t perfect like you?
SM:I never claimed to be perfect.

Is that why you were always nudging me towards him? And is it why you’ve never been jealous of Clark and me? Because you thought he was safe.
SM:Well, no. It was because I wanted you two together.

Well, let me tell you, buster,” Lois hollered, shoving his chest with both of her hands.

Clark didn’t resist at all, allowing her push to move him as if he were anyone else.
Hmm, is this wise. It might cause her to see similarities with how she pushes around her partner.

“It’s all your fault that I love Clark,” Lois told him.
SM:Well, it is what I wanted.

“If you hadn’t kept urging me towards him,” she growled, forcibly moving him back another step. “If you hadn’t insisted on him being our go-between, if you hadn’t kept telling me how much he needs me, you wouldn’t be feeling so… so… in shock as you are now. And to think, I wanted to break this gently to you, because I felt sorry for you that I had moved on. The truth of the matter is, you bet on me pining away forever after you, and you lost.” She went to push him one more time, only this time he caught her hands.
So Clark's plot to make Lois fall in love with him by nudging her on as Superman actually did work?

“Lois,” Superman said softly. “I was surprised when you said that you loved Clark, because you told me before you told him.”
Lois: And how exactly can you be sure of that. Maybe I told him but told him to not tell you. Clark is an honorable man, and he would not betray my trust like that.

SM:Ah, well, you see.

Lois:What?

SM:I am Clark.

“What are you talking about? Clark knows that I love him.”
The fun thing is that is a true statement.

“Does he?” Superman asked. Well, okay, he did now, but not before. He knew that she wanted him, but love…
I can see his point. Still, I think especially Lois patience with him when he told her about his ex-fiancee should have alerted him to the fact that there was more.

“Sure he does. I’ve told him.” Her eyes widened in horror. “Haven’t I?”
Not in a way that he understood, evidently.

He shook his head. “I don’t see him floating down the street.”
Lois: Well, only you can do that, Superman.

“Oh,” Lois murmured, her anger sizzling out for the time being. “But I know I’ve told him that I love him. You must be mistaken.”
Well, she has told him that. He just figured it was the drugs speaking.

He could see her searching her mind for the time when she had spoken the words that Clark had longed to hear since they first kissed, way back in Trask’s plane.
Wait, he didn't start wanting to hear those words until the kiss on Trask's plane?

“The hardest part of the whole pheromone perfume episode for Clark was learning that you didn’t really love him after all, and that you only said that you loved him because you had been drugged,” he explained.
Is it wise to say this as SM when she does not know SM=CK. It makes it seem CK talks about extremely private things that he would be best off not sharing with any excetp Lois. It also might make her think that CK has shared more with Cat than he has.

“Clark told you about that?” she asked. Her cheeks flushed, and he didn’t know if it was from embarrassment or from her heightened emotions from a few moments before.
He really should tell her the truth now. It will solve more problems than it will create.

Lois shook her head. “Lunkhead,” she grumbled under her breath.
My question is, is she saying CK is a lunkhead for telling SM this, or for believing it, or both?

“Pardon?” Superman asked. Was she talking about Superman him, or Clark him?
Maybe both at once.

“I’m in love with a lunkhead,” Lois said with a chuckling scoff. “What Clark didn’t realize is that… no, I should really be saying this to him, and not to you.”
Which is the perfect time to tell her the truth.

What Clark had wanted was for her to explain right then and there what he ‘hadn’t realized’, but she was right… as always. As long as Lois believed that Clark and Superman were two people, she should only be baring her soul to Clark, the man whom she loved, not to Superman.
So he is now starting to get powerful reasons to tell her the truth.

But, gosh darn it, he didn’t want to have to wait. He had opened his mouth to confess that he, Superman, was also Clark,
hyper hyper he is going to tell her.

but then had decided that hadn’t been the time or the place for that confession.
Umm, they are alone. It seems like the perfect place.

Clark:I want Lois to tell me she loves me at least once before having her go ballistic on me.

Reader:She will recover.

Clark:Proably. Still, this is so new, I can't bear to wreck it yet.

Her love for him was so new, so delicate; he didn’t want to risk damaging it by revealing his deception just yet, not on the brink of a man-made natural disaster.
Maybe he will have the courage when they are on the brink of a natural disaster. maybe he will tell her he is CK just before flying off to face Nighfall. OK, I doubt it, but it would be better than flying off and not telling her.

John Pack Lambert