“If you won’t let me fly you out to Smallville to the Kent’s farm or to L.A. to your sister’s place, could you please stay in your apartment?” he had retorted.
Clark needs to learn what battles to fight, and that this is not worth it.

“What about my story?” she snapped. “The Daily Planet’s newsroom is high enough as well. Anyway, I have to type up Harrington’s B.S. statement. You can drop us off there instead.
Clark you better tell her soon, otherwise she might figure out from noticing she never sees you and SM together.

I’d be of more use at work, pacing the floor, than I would be at home, where there’s no way I’d be able to sleep.”
I have to say this line makes no sense to me. Why is her pacing the floor at the DP better than doing so in her apartment?

Us? How could Superman stop the tidal wave, if Clark was stuck at work?
Well, that is the perfect opening to tell her the truth Clark.

“Where is Clark, anyway? He was here just a minute ago.”
Clark, take this opportunity to not lie.

“He said something about going back to police headquarters to check if there was any new information about the bombing at the Lexor Hotel this afternoon,” Superman had said. “I will recommend to Clark that he stay in his top-floor apartment, after I drop you off.”
Which will cause Lois to go to such apartment. Will she then be glad that CK does not listen to SM either, and how will he deal with that?

He had said the word ‘recommend’ as if it were only a suggestion that she remain at the Daily Planet.
I don't think it would have mattered. In fact, I suspect if he had been more forceful, Lois would have been even faster to disregard his advice.

He should have known it was naïve on his part to assume that she would listen to Superman any more than she didn’t listen to Clark or Perry.
yes he should have.

In the end, Clark had returned to Daily Planet after an hour of searching for Rourke. After what Lois said to Superman after he had dropped her off, Clark just couldn’t stay away.
So, was Lois already gone by the time he returned to the DP as Clark? I was waiting to hear about that, but I don't think we did.

When Superman had set her down on the roof of the Daily Planet several hours before, she hadn’t instantly stepped away and run down to the newsroom to type up her story. Instead, she had hesitated, resting her hand on his arm.
smile1 smile1 party

Lois: I already told Clark that I love him.

Reader:Not while you were not drugged.

Lois:I am sure I did sometime, somehow, somewhere.

Reader:Not so he beleived you.

John Pack Lambert