LOIS: Close? You call THAT close? Oh, Chuck. Are you sure you've had sex before?
Clark:I think we were pretty close before I ran away when you were in the blue negligee. At least I had no ability to resist other than by running.

So, you think Clark should tell Lois about the curse, and then confront Herb, should he show up later without a cure, about proof, which he can't have unless they make love, which might possibly kill Lois. dizzy
That is what they did in canon. At some level they killed Lois, but then Herb came back and restarted the universe just before she died.

Does that make things more clear?
Yes. It makes it a lot more clear why Clark is so bothered by Lois speaking to Luthor. Although, I still think he is over-reacting to the whole matter.

How would he convince her that Clark is his true self if Superman is the one who confesses?
Actually I am not sure her sense of which self is true will be effected by which one confesses.

The conversation AT his plant with all those dignitaries there? Not really an interview. Later on, Clark was with them, so CLEARLY not a date.
Clark:OK, since I was there. Still, I don't trust Luthor as far as I can throw him.

Lois:And how far is that?

Clark:Well, I don't trust him anywhere near that far.

Well, I figure they have reached the point where she should know.
LOIS: Me too.
Wait, Lois, you don't know what we are talkingabout.

Lois:I still should know it.

I just think some others blame him too much for not telling. I understand why he doesn't, but I think he should.
The truth will be revealed eventually. I couldn't have a story this long without one, now could I?
I am surprised you have gone this long without Lois finding out.

John Pack Lambert