I have no theories of my own to contribute (didn't get around to thinking about what might happen next... too busy sulking about having to wait two years for Book 7 grumble ). But the more I read the theory about Snape killing Dumbledore under Dumbledore's orders, with all the points Lynn, Roger, Paul and others have contributed, the more logical it sounds. As many of you have said, Snape's 'regret' for the Potters' death is too flimsy a reason for Dumbledore to trust him. To be honest, I didn't realize it was supposed to be *the* reason until Harry told the others in the hospital wing. There's gotta be something else. And... a non-mysterious-Snape, clearly on the Dark Side? Nah... sounds almost of character. (Although if he really proves to be evil, I want him *tortured*.)

I just remembered... reading Chapter 2, where Snape explains Bellatrix why she should trust him, I had spotted a hole he didn't cover and Bellatrix didn't notice... although I can't remember what it was. I might check it later.

Am I seriously the only one who noticed that Harry did a CLARK!?!
ROTFLOL! rotflol rotflol You're right, Rivka!

Lynn, I only started reading Harry Potter fanfic a month ago and can't give you many recommendations. But, if you're interested in comedy, I think you shouldn't miss Albus Dumbledore\'s Inbox .

Oh, wait. Another thought -- if Harry isn't going back to school next year, then there's no reason why there can't be an 8th book.
This thought occured to me, too. /me hopes it will occur to JKR, too.

He fell behind the veil, so we're only guessing he's dead. He could very well be, but it is strange that JK Rowling wouldn't give us a body. I have a suspicion that the arch leading to the veil may make a reappearance in book 7 since it was never really explored in book 5.
Amen to that, Roger! I always thought that she was going to do something about it in Book 6 and was very disappointed to see no mention of it at all. I had almost stopped hoping... thought it was just the Sirius fan in me... but comments like those keep my hope alive! smile

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...