I understand what you mean, Chris and Wendy, about being not so happy with Harry's decision not to go back to Hogwarts for his final year. I don't see him as a powerful enough wizard to be able to accomplish the tasks given to him. Part of me understands the desire to take Harry out of the school environment since he's fairly limited in what he could do from there and also the books have become almost formulaic where school is concerned. However, Harry out of Hogwarts seems like a completely different type of book.

Which leads me to mention something I saw in an Amazon review that I completely agree with. From what we've gotten out of HBP, Harry must find and destroy 4 Horcruxes, a couple of which are not specifiec, then find and kill Voldemort, while also possibly gaining revenge upon Snape. Such a quest is pretty extensive - I'm not sure how JKR plans to see it out in only one more volume. Do you think the last book will come in around 1000 or so pages? Seems like a lot of strings to tie up. Perhaps the Trio will split up to accomplish things more quickly.

Lynn

Oh, BTW - I've read some interviews with JKR and now have an idea of how Snape might be redeemed. This is pure speculation, but I don't want to say anything here if people wouldn't like to think about what might happen. Is it okay to say what I think might happen?

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah