Ooohhh, good point, Jen. Why wouldn't Snape have snatched the stone (and remember, Harry suspected Snape of doing just that!) back in Book 1, despite the fact that such a turn would have negated Books 2 thru 7?

Annette - I meant to remark on your shipper comment. So, are there really people out there who expected an H/H pairing? That totally baffles me because so many huge hints have been dropped all along that Hermione and Ron would eventually end up together. Even in the PoA movie, one of my favorite moments is when H, H, and R are watching what they think is the execution of Buckbeak, and Hermione turns to Ron in her grief and he comforts her. Harry was also standing right there, but she instinctively turned to Ron. I figured JKR had to approve that scene as it was script-written with directions to the actors, so it's what she intended.

I figure Harry will remain partner-less with maybe just a hint of a future with Ginny by the end of Boook 7. I figure as the Chosen One, he has to be kind of a loner. Also, I figured if H and H ever got together, the balance of the trio would shift too much. I think of Harry, Hermione and Ron as a triangle, with Hermione and Ron as the base and Harry as the tip. If Harry paired up with Hermione, the entire structure tilts to one side and Ron is left out. But if Hermione and Ron get together, they form a more stable base for Harry. I know, kinda of weird reasoning.

And I liked Harry with Ginny. I liked the idea of the little sister with the crush who turned into the young lady with so much appeal that Harry's eyes are finally opened. *sigh*

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah