OK - Anyone coming into this thread must be prepared for SPOILERS about Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. If you don't like SPOILERS, don't read any more. Back out quickly and close this window until you've read the book.

L
A
S
T

W
A
R
N
I
N
G

F
O
R

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

Whew.

Alright, I finished this book at 3 a.m. Sunday morning. Started it after I got home from the midnight party but I was so sleepy I only got to page 30 or so. Then I spend all day yesterday (except for those half a dozen hours of family time) reading.

And WOW! eek

Never in a million years did I expect what happened to happen. Of all the characters who might have been killed off, only Ron, Hermione or Harry would have shocked me more. And how it happened and by who was almost as big of a freak for me as who it happened to. I kept expecting Snape to turn around and point his wand the other way.

Now I'm completely at a loss about Snape. Through the last five books, I've detested him right along side Harry because of how nasty he's been. Except I've always figured there was something we (the readers and Harry) didn't know that explained why Dumbledore trusted him so much. I figured eventually we would learn a big secret, and even after Chapter 2 of HP6, when Snape made that Unbreakable Vow with Draco's mother, I figured he was acting as some kind of double agent.

So now I have no idea what to think. Clearly he is evil. Clearly he is working for the dark side. So why do I keep thinking there is some other explanation? Why do I keep expecting Dumbledore to pull a Gandalf and explain that Snape had faked everything?

How about those romances?! I've always had a thing for Hermione and Ron. It's so great to see them acting like real 16 year olds. I loved how Harry just suddenly realized his feelings about Ginny. The monster that grew in his chest! What a great analogy.

Really, I'd have to say that out of the six books so far, I think this one is my favorite.

And I cannot believe I now have to wait two or so years to see how it all ends. Ugh!
wink
Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah