I finished this book yesterday, and boy, was I depressed. I mean how could Dumbledore die, and why did it have to be Snape?! WHY!!! I'm tempted to find an address and grab the pitchforks and torches. But something strikes me... Before book 5 came out, there were of course rumors of someone dying. Jo confirmed this, and said she cried when she wrote that chapter. I haven't heard anything like that about this book, though. Hrm... (yes, I'm trying to delude myself)

As far as the relationships go, ooooh, I was gloating for most of the book. I can't help it, but I was. Well, that and looking for a good heavy cast-iron skillet, because Hermione and Ron were just being stupid.

I don't really think this one will be my favorite of the series. In fact, it's my least favorite. Not just because of the deaths, but because it seems like a fanfic, and not in a good way. More like what I'd find in another fandoms. I had to keep reminding myself that I'm reading a bound book, and not electronic format. It was unsettling. smirk

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited