Tank, I know that the maxim "different strokes for different folks" applies very much in the case of reading material choices. But I have to say - and honestly, no offense intended toward you - that I really do think that believing that these books can only be appreciated by children and that adults are in some way "off" if they enjoy them shows a lack of open mindedness that staggers me. I read an editorial printed in the LA Times wherein the writer actually called adult readers of the HP books "stupid." I won't use the word for what I thought of this particular writer whom I have no doubt has read not one word of the books himself yet condescends to pass judgment on those who have.

And I won't try to convince you otherwise regarding what I see as the incorrectness in your statement because it would be a pointless and wasted effort. You are certainly entitled to believe that these books are meant for children and only children should enjoy them. However, IMO, unless you've read all the books, I think it's a bit presumptious to make such a broad statement.

Kind of like someone wondering why any rational adult would love watching a show about a man who flies around in tights after only having watched the opening credits. wink

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah