But nothing, honestly, makes me more furious than seeing women's lives, their very existence, being considered less interesting and cheaper than that of males, so that they can be sacrificed just to elicit interesting reactions from the males, who are regarded as the main characters anyway. I will never, ever like a story that treats men as people and women as cannon fodder.
You and me both. I *despise* all those movies that start with a happy family, then the wife and/or kids are killed (in some horrible unjust way), so the hero has something to do for the rest of the film. Hate them, hate them, hate them. One of the things I like about L&C is that Lois is rarely a helpless female waiting around for Superman to save her... she's in there kicking and fighting and not infrequently saving the day.

Which actually reminds me of a funny link... be glad you're not married to any character Harrison Ford ever played .

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K