Hear hear, Sheila. One of the reasons I get so emphatic, and people get the wrong idea of what I'm trying to say, is my frustration with my inability to get across how fundamental my feeling about deathfics really is. It's not just a matter of taste or preference. It's a basic part of my personality. Others seem to think it's something that is a superficial dislike. It isn't. I hate deathfics with something so intrinsic to me that if I suddenly reversed my attitude I'd be somebody else, if that rather incoherent sentence makes any sense at all. I hate, loathe and despise deathfics. A story that rips Lois away from Clark or vice versa really hurts. I don't enjoy crying over something tragic, whether real or fictional, especially when the person involved is someone I value -- even if he or she is fictional. I can't make it more plain than that, and I wish I could make people understand that. The only thing I take away from a Lois and Clark deathfic is a feeling of vast depression and unhappiness. I don't want any more of that right now -- or ever, really. I've dealt with more than enough of the real thing in the last four months. I don't need someone to rub it in.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.