I just thought of something last night which amused me. When it comes to TV/movies I am completely of the opposite persuasion. Especially TV. I do NOT appreciate having my heroes die on me on screen. When a series ends, I want to know that they are living on happily somewhere out there in the ether.

And it especially irks me if it's done...'just because we can'. I might forgive TPTB if there's a solid plot reason for it...but it takes effort.

Still haven't forgiven Joss Weedon, for example, who seems to be of the former persuasion. And the Stargate crew in recent years have had an appalling propensity for killing off characters each season, for no good reason that I can see. (Don't talk to me about Jacob). razz

I don't know why there's that dichotomy in my viewpoint. Perhaps it's because the characters are more 'real' to me on screen than they are on paper and so I invest more emotionally in them. Who can tell? huh

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers