And finally, because I feel so terribly bad about Lois and Clark deathfic, I would much appreciate it if deathfics here had to carry a compulsory deathfic warning.
Ann, while I understand you're very much upset by having read a deathfic, our policy here is to *not* make warnings compulsory. Usually, authors will put a warning at the top of their story or in the WHAM warning thread if it's going to involve the death of a major character. However, this is a simpler courtesy and is by no means compulsory. We've had debates in the past about making such warnings compulsory, and the admin team decided against it, mostly because it would be an open door to all kinds of warning, like "Lois is kissing someone other than Clark" warnings or "Lois and Clark don't end up romantically involved at the end of this story" warnings. We really don't want to reach that point. laugh

Ultimately, authors make choices, both when writing their story and when posting it with a foreword warning or not their readers. While I understand you were upset, I'm going to ask you to not repeatedly try to interpret Catherine's intentions when writing her story. I'm pretty sure she didn't mean to upset you by writing her story, and she doesn't deserve to be continually pointed at as someone who broke rules - she certainly didn't. smile

Kaethel smile
Boards Administrator

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~