Lex liked the British formality of respect that Nigel paid him. Too bad his other underlings, especially the American ones, didn’t understand it, nor could be properly trained in it.
What about Asabi? And maybe if he cut *) his other male underlings and transferred his female underlings into the concubine department?

*) to be cut: to be made eunuch.

“Good job this morning, disposing of Rourke.”
Aaaaaahhhh…

“What news do we have on Ian Harrington?”

“The Congressman’s helicopter crashed just outside of Toronto, and the money we paid him for his silence recovered,” Nigel announced.
Huh. That’s a lucky break if I ever saw one.

“I must say, sir, it was a pleasure to stretch those old muscles again.”
Did Nigel throw a grenade at the helicopter? Is he a half-Krytponian? *)

*) /takes things quite literally right now. More fun that way/

First off, I want… no, need to know everything regarding Kent.
Does that include sewage analysis?

Break into his apartment and bring me anything of importance, especially anything on his true identity,” Lex ordered.
Maybe Clark should put his capes into the secret compartment now?

“No need; he won’t be alive long enough for us to justify the expense of having them dismantled before his body is found,”
hyper

“But if I stay, neither of us will get the sleep we need,” he said, taking a step back.
nah, he’s a guy. Urban myth says they fall asleep right thereafter. And if he does it right, she’s going to black out shortly before that.

Now, that would be a progress which could beat out physical intimacy… well, for now. For that, Lois was willing to wait.
And wait. Aaaand wait.

He would tell her that he had an associate researching this problem for him, but a solution could take years, if one was ever found.
LOIS: What about Kryptonite?

Until a cure was found, they could still be together, just not physically intimate.
Yes. She’s going to be just dandy with that.

How could he trust her with his most valuable secret if she couldn’t trust him enough to tell him about meeting with Luthor?
One does wonder if he’s not using the curse to give his mistrust of her an outlet and a viable excuse without facing the true issues in their relationship.

It took several men, or super strength, to move the large piece of furniture to access it.
Hmm…isn’t that going to leave marks on the floor? Even if it’s just dust-tracks? Wouldn’t Lois notice those?

“The neighborhood must be on its way up,” Clark replied in a tone, which made Lois suspect he didn’t believe the words he was speaking.
Actually, it makes sense. Before, nobody lived there that would make sense robbing. Now, things are changing.

“But it won’t be as strong,” Clark went on, running his thumb over the statue’s entwined arms.
Sounds like Alt-Clark and Lois.

She raised her hand to his cheek. “Hey, now. If you apply the glue properly and adjust it just so, you won’t even see the crack. It will be as good as new.”
Lois arguing for their relationship.

“The seam will always be there,” he murmured. “It won’t ever be perfect.”
Clark points out the lingering issues.

“No, maybe not, but can be just as beautiful as the original, if you can learn to look past that little flaw.”
LOIS: See, it *can* work.

Clark nodded, setting the statue back on its rightful shelf. “I can, if you can,” he said, turning to give her a small, hopeful smile.
CLARK: It’s okay that you’re not my Lois.

“Oh, I don’t know, Chuck. I’m sure we could come up with something equally plausible,”
“Nookie”?

“Hey, I’ve got two working coffee mugs.”
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.