Lois walked up the steps to Clark’s apartment, passing Inspector Henderson on his way out.
I guess this really was not a high profile case if he is already leaving.

“Sure, Clark, replace it again," the large man said.
Oh, it is Floyd, the landlord.

"I already authorized the construction when you installed this front door, the last time someone broke in. I don’t understand it. I’ve lived here for twelve years, and we’ve never had a burglary. You move in, and in less than a year, you’ve been hit twice.”
More clues that this was not a random job.

It was of two faceless figures, a man and a woman, entwined together to make one.
Lois: That's what I want to do with Clark.

Clark nodded, setting the statue back on its rightful shelf. “I can, if you can,” he said, turning to give her a small, hopeful smile.
Yeap, he is really talking about how he feel like an inadequate replacment for true Clark.

Clark shrugged. “Nothing really. I learned long ago not to keep anything of value or importance in my apartment,” he said, and then added, almost as an afterthought, “I thought I had escaped that part of my life.”
Oh, he is speaking of when he became known to be SM and people tried to dig up ever secret on him.

“Before I came here,” he said with a nod. “It got to the point when I almost stopped locking my front door, I got so tired of repairing it.”
He really will have to tell her more than just that he is SM.

“Is it the same guys? Have they tracked you down here?” Lois wondered aloud.
Not likely. Although some of it might be the same people, just different.

“Why don’t you spend the night at my place?” she suggested,
She is nothing if not persistent.

“No pressure. You can sleep in the guest room, if you want.”
Clark:Well, I don't really want to, but I think it would be best.

He stared at her and just from his expression, which she felt down to her toes, she knew that he didn’t want to sleep in the guest room.
hyper she knows he wants her.

He pressed his lips to hers with a kiss so full of longing it almost was as if he knew it would be days before he would be able to do so again.
hyper hyper he is going to tell her.

but they heard a key in the lock of the front door and a neighbor walked in.
whinging they were interupted, again.

“Don’t worry about it, Lois, we’ll figure something out. As long as we don’t have another emergency fall out of the sky,
Why do I think that is about to happen?

we will schedule this date, and soon, minha.
dance

I promise,” Clark reassured her with his smile. “I can’t have you going around thinking that Superman lied to you.”
I think he should just tell her right now. On the other hand, they are in a semi-public place, so it probably would be a bad idea, but still.

She would need to figure out some way to break it to Clark that she didn’t want to have a dinner party with her boyfriend and her ex-boyfriend together to discuss how much the ex-boyfriend might still care for her.
It is not like she really has a choice in the matter, they are both always there.

Anyway, Lois would much rather have a night alone with Clark, with him telling her about his secret past.
Little does she realize that they are somewhat the same.

John Pack Lambert