It sounded more like (from the comic) that it (the New52) had (originally) been created as a love letter (which it's suggested is about Lois and Clark) which won the hand of the 5th dimension king-thing's daughter (Mrs. Nyxly). Vyndktvx destroyed that possibility(at least at this point.) Mxy's a saint in comparison to Vyndktvx (shown in the comics as a three headed satan.)
I think someone had too much fun playing around in the 5th dimension, IMO. Isn't this supposed to be "Superman" comic? He was in that story, wasn't he? laugh
He was (Vyndktvx may have killed Superman all over again... although we haven't seen the first time.) Mxy's actually dead (according to Mrs. Nyxly) but as he's a 5th dimension creature it stands to reason that he's not been written out just yet. I have some hope that he might show up and at least attempt to pair them (Lois and Clark/Superman) back up.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)