CLARK: So, I should just give up because I can't do things as well as that other Clark?
Actually, I do not think any of the murders are in any way Clakr's fault. 2 happened before he got here for example. Others might have happened in canon, like Moniques, and we just never learned about it.

CLARK: I'm pretty good at hiding things. I HAVE been robbed before, you remember.
Actually, I forgot about the robberies in the other dimension.

The Kents and Clark himself?
Those were the ones I was thinking of. Did I miss someone?

Wouldn't she think that Lex be more sneaky about breaking into Clark's apartment, so it didn't look like anyone had been there? wink
Lois:But if you steal stuff from someone it is a bit hard to hide that it was stolen. Especially if they are as organized as Clark. So I don;t see how that would work.

Depends on what other things she might have on her mind at the time.
Lois:I will still notice he is gone. What I will do about it might depend on other issues, but I will notice.

Is he building the astroid-hit shelter already? That will not go over well if she sees it, not at all.
She saw it in canon.
But in canon she had not gotten mad at him for trying to pursue her. Also, in canon she had not had Superman discover bugs in her apartment. She dislikes Luthor a lot more here, and has more reason to dislike things that strike of having been stalked.

I have to say I never understood why she did not find it odd that Luthor had recreated her place to such minute detail.

After she flatly refused his invitation for weekly dinner?
Technically, she didn't. She said that she'd think about it.
Hmm, I guess you are right. I had thought she had made clear she was saying no on storming out. However I guess that was only her interpretation of it, and mine. And she did not clearly say no to Luthor, let alone in a way Luthor would understand.

Maybe. Maybe not. I always thought the shelter was Lex's "just in case" hide-a-way being that I doubted he could get it together in 4 days, even with his resources.
I think I assumed that Luthor knew about Nightfall, at least as a posibility, before it became public knowledge. However I guess nothing in the show hinted at that, and your explanation makes more sense.

I guess I have to say I don't understand how Nightfall snuck up on people so fast. If Superman had just shown up it would make sense to bring him in near the end. However he has been around for months, so the only explanation is people just realized this astroid is about to hit earth and that just seems odd.

I guess the easy answer is the show would just lack the suspense if people were like "well, Superman hit the astroid, but some is still heading this way, and will hit in five months. If Clark does not remember who he is in the next 10 episodes or so, we will have problems. Otherwise, things will be hunky-dory."

John Pack Lambert