Today was the day, he had decided.
Negative Reader:We saw canon Clark do that to, and not go through. Better not count your chickens before they hatch.

Postive Reader:I still will celebrate just the fact he wants to tell her. shock Oh no. He is going to try to convince her they can't be intimate because he is SM. Wait, I think this is a very, very bad plan. Not likely to work either. I mean he admitted he had sex with Lana, so unless he claims something really bad happened to her, this plan will not work. I do not think this will result in what he hopes.

and not the curse, which made it impossible for them to make love… well, impossible for now.
I think he should tell her about the curse. That is the only way. I still am not sure it would convince her, but at least they would not be talking round eachother.

He would tell her that he had an associate researching this problem for him,
This is not going to work. How is he going to explain Lana? This is not a good plan.

but a solution could take years, if one was ever found. It was only fair to have her know what she was getting herself into. She cared for him and she cared for Superman, so he had high hopes that this curse was a mere blip on their path together into the future.
This will only work if he tells her about the curse. Otherwise it will just lead to more anger later on if he tried to convince her something else is the problem.

Also, since she does realize something happened while she was under the Pheremones, he needs to explain things in a way that explains what really happened then.

His plans are not well thought out.

Sure, she would be mad at him for lying to her about his secret identity as Superman,
This is likely.

and possibly about promising to make love to her someday,
This is why he needs to tell her about the curse. Even if she does not believe him.

but he had high hopes that she would forgive him.
Probably if he tells her the truth. If he tries to claim being SM is why he can't make love with her, it will just confuse her totally.

Until a cure was found, they could still be together, just not physically intimate.
Which is why he needs to make sure to tell her about the curse.

He rubbed his brow in frustration as he walked up the first flight of stairs to his apartment.
He should be. This is not a good plan. Especially since unless he tells her about the curse, I do not see how he can make his statements about his past work.

Maybe, someday, he would try to explain about the curse,
His best course is to tell about the curse now. Either that or not try to explain why he can't make love with her. Without the curse, how does he explain about his past fiancee?

when he told her about Herb, time and inter-dimensional travel,
Also, if he does not tell her about inter-dimensional travel, how is he going to explain his past? This does not sound like a good idea to me. Cat thinking he grew up on Krypton is OK, but Lois thinking that will just not work.

and where he truly was from. The curse, in itself, was so implausible that if Herb Wells hadn’t had a history with it and had witnessed Lois’s actual death in the future, Clark wouldn’t believe in it himself;
Except Wells did not witness Lois' death, so Clark probably should not believe it at all.

he knew that Lois wouldn’t accept it as fact without the full context.
Which is why he should tell her the full context. OK, maybe I should give up. Still, I think if he gives her half an explanation it will just make things worse later on.

The more I think about things, the less I think his plan makes any sense.

He had no idea how to explain to Lois why this curse would only affect them, which was the main reason he was leaving it out of their conversation altogether for the time being. Why would she believe that they both could have sex with anyone else in the world, but not with each other, and that doing so would cause one of them, and probably her due to his unique physiology, to die?
I am not sure, but I am not understanding how he hopes that anything else will discorage her pursuing him.

Lois was a very logical person. It didn’t make sense to him, so he doubted it would to her.
So maybe he should stop believing flaky time travelers.

Before he told her about Superman though, he was going to confront her once again about her relationship to Luthor.
His plans are getting worse and worse. I see no point in doing this at all.

He couldn’t tell her the truth if she was going to sneak around his back and meet with the billionaire.
This would only make sense if he thought she would tell Luthor about this specific fact.

How could he trust her with his most valuable secret if she couldn’t trust him enough to tell him about meeting with Luthor?
I still do not see how this relates. The only question that makes sense is whether she will tell Luthor. Meeting with Luthor about other things does not sound at all related.

It was past time to bring her in on the Luthor investigation, but he couldn’t do that if she still considered herself friends with the man.
Even this sounds like putting the horse before the cart. Clark needs to trust Lois before she trusts him. I also do not see how that related to telling her that he is Superman. They seem to be two different issues.

He knew she wouldn’t be happy about the fact that they had excluded her from their powwows.
Maybe, but it in this case it makes sense to not tell her until she is at least willing to accept that they have a point in investigating Luthor.

Frankly, he could see her being as upset about that as she would be about his non-disclosure about being Superman.
Maybe, but in the long run hopefully she would accept that both were logical.

John Pack Lambert