After typing up her sidebar Project Shock Wave story, Lois could hardly keep her eyes open. The lack of sleep from the last few nights was finally catching up with her. Clark looked as beat as she felt, but still volunteered to walk her home.
smile1 he is walking her home. Although I fear they will not get to the key talk tonight.

They stopped and picked up a pizza to eat for dinner.
I guess Lois really does like pizza with Clark.

“I’m too exhausted to talk,” she warned him as she passed Clark a glass of water and a plate.
frown I was hoping they would. Although, I really did not expect it.

He leaned over and kissed her cheek. “Maybe I should take it now, in case I say something stupid later on.”
clap I love his dialogue.

She pushed him back with a grin. “You could always give me a kiss ‘good morning’ instead.”
So she just invited him to stay the night.

“Mmmmm. I knew there was a reason I loved you,” she said.
She really does not seem to realize she has not told him this before, if she says it so casually. Although, technically she has told him.

She nudged him again. “You know I do.”
This is only true because he sometimes wears a disguise.

Lois blushed, embarrassed by those words from months ago before shooting him an evil grin. “More for me.”
I am quite glad she has found a way to be postive about this issue.

She took another piece of pizza. “You know, your suitcase is still here,” she said as casually as she could.
I am surprised she did not destroy it.

“You didn’t burn my clothes?” he said with some shock.
clap

Her brow furrowed. Why would I do that?
She was never as angry about what happened while she was drugged as he expected.

Then she realized he was joking.
He seems to do that a lot.

“Well, I must admit that I prefer you unclothed,” she said naughtily with a bounce of her eyebrows.
Clark:I hope Wells comes back soon with a way to fix the curse.

His fake shock turned genuine. “When have you…?” he sputtered, and she laughed, setting a reassuring hand on his shoulder.
Lois: Well, never all the way, but I liked what I saw.

“Those couple of times I’ve caught you right out of the shower,” she admitted.
Wait, it happened multiple times?

“Oh, right,” Clark said sheepishly, grabbing another piece of pizza. “If it’s in your way, I can take my suitcase when I leave tonight.”
Lois:No, no, no. You are not leaving tonight.

Evidently, he didn’t understand her hint about the ‘good morning kiss’.
Either that, or he is deliberately ignoring it.

Lois didn’t know what to do.
Use more clear and direct language, like Cat did the night that Lois got shot.

She didn’t want to ask him again to stay and again have him turn her down.
I guess that would be hard on both of them.

Clark:I am trying to do the right thing. I hate how it hurts Lois.

It was humiliating enough to have been the one to suggest it in the first place.
I guess that is why she went for the very obique reference.

Was he still scared that the same problem he had with his ex-fiancée would happen with her?
No, not at all.

Was he really that naïve?
In not getting her "good morning kiss" reference? Or is there something else he missed her?

Of course, she didn’t love Clark only for his body.
Maybe she should tell Clark this.

As with his food phobia, she would have to take her time. Slowly, one step at a time, allow him to become comfortable with this new aspect of their relationship.
This would be a good plan, expcet the problem she thinks is there does not exist.

“You’re tired,” Clark said, standing up. “I’ll be on my way, and let you get some rest. We’ll talk tomorrow after work.”
Why doesn't he come over for breaksfast and tell her then? OK, there might not really be time for a good indepth discussion that way.

She walked him to her door. “You’re not going to talk to me at work?” she teased.
Clark:Not the talk I really want to have. Some things cannot be said at work.

He caressed her cheek with one hand and the other arm went around her waist, pulling her to his chest. “I figured you would want to keep this between us,” he murmured before setting his lips onto hers. “For now.”
Hey, the rest of the newsroom probably figures a lot more happened in the Honeymoon Suite than really did.

John Pack Lambert