Originally posted by John Lambert:
I believe I've only written one story in which Lois didn't get mad when learning Clark's secret. 2 points for anyone who guesses which one.
Was that Green-eyed Moster, or did she get mad about it at some point there. It is hard to remember because she learns it in multiple steps.
Nope, sorry. Lois was royally ticked off in that one.

He also used a kiss to make Lois forget everything. And if we take the Superman returns chronology, he then goes to look for Krypton without even making sure whether or not she is pregnant, and is gone for five years. Clark, I do not think you want to follow his example at all.
Yes, the memory wipe kiss is not a smart thing to use on Lois.

Anyway, since he admitted he had a fiancee and was intimate with her, I am not sure Lois is likely to believe the "I can't because I am SM' story at all.
CLARK: Hmmmmm. [Linked Image]

I should have known you would not give up on talking around eachother that easily.
The pitfalls from a lack of communication is a very big theme in this story, if you hadn't noticed. whinging

Which is why Lois is right to think that he is naive.
LOIS: I'm always right.

But unlike with Lana, Clark does know how Lois feels about Superman. He knows she loves him. I guess though knowing it intellectually and knowing it emotionally are different. She never had a real relationship with Superman, so it is possible if she was confronted with actually having a relationship with an alien, she might react more negatively. At least Clark could tell himself that and decide to make sure everything is right before revelaing his secret.
Clark really has only experienced rejection since his folks died, so acceptance is really a new concept for him.

He really does think the glasses fool people.
Um... they do.

But Clark has no idea that Kal-El was a Lord.
wallbash Right.

Lois:Uniforms? What uniforms?
CLARK: Um... I have another job... where I have to wear a uniform. laugh Pizza delivery guy! Right! That's why I'm never around when you need me. Two jobs!

Good point. Does she want Clark with her that badly?
Love for Clark vs. Lois's Ego. [Linked Image]

Hmm, you might have a point. He wants to make sure he tells Lois this in private. No yelling in the street so even the people in Gotham hear. Sometime in the TV show it seems Lois and Clark did not even try to have conversations in priave. It was shocking that no one else figured out the CK=SM.
Yes, I make that point in "Missing Lois" (the one about the baby, not the one about the ghost). That they have way too many private conversations in the public area of the newsroom.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.