Originally posted by John Lambert:
Actually I think the problem is there is nothing that Lois would do that would destroy Lex' hope. His hope and her actions exist on entirelyu different plains of existence.
clap

Actually, I do not think any of the murders are in any way Clakr's fault. 2 happened before he got here for example. Others might have happened in canon, like Moniques, and we just never learned about it.
CLARK: phew.

Those were the ones I was thinking of. Did I miss someone?
I just wanted to make sure you didn't mean Cat, because she doesn't know.

Lois:But if you steal stuff from someone it is a bit hard to hide that it was stolen. Especially if they are as organized as Clark. So I don;t see how that would work.
True, but Nigel didn't really care for the TV and VCR or even the word processor, but what the word processor had on it. He would have been able to take or copy most (paper) documents, had he found any, so that Clark would've never known... except that he's not just Clark, so he would've probably noticed if someone had moved his stuff even a fraction of an inch.

Lois:I will still notice he is gone. What I will do about it might depend on other issues, but I will notice.
Lex's opinion that Lois might be distracted from Clark.

But in canon she had not gotten mad at him for trying to pursue her. Also, in canon she had not had Superman discover bugs in her apartment. She dislikes Luthor a lot more here, and has more reason to dislike things that strike of having been stalked.
So, you think she might get mad at Lex? wink

I have to say I never understood why she did not find it odd that Luthor had recreated her place to such minute detail.
Agree totally with you. Why would she want to marry someone who had done something that creepy?

Hmm, I guess you are right. I had thought she had made clear she was saying no on storming out. However I guess that was only her interpretation of it, and mine. And she did not clearly say no to Luthor, let alone in a way Luthor would understand.
LOIS: "No" isn't in Lex's vocabulary unless he says it himself.

I think I assumed that Luthor knew about Nightfall, at least as a posibility, before it became public knowledge. However I guess nothing in the show hinted at that, and your explanation makes more sense.

I guess I have to say I don't understand how Nightfall snuck up on people so fast. If Superman had just shown up it would make sense to bring him in near the end. However he has been around for months, so the only explanation is people just realized this astroid is about to hit earth and that just seems odd.
I agree, and I explain my world-view on how this could have happened... coming up... at some time... in the future... laugh

I guess the easy answer is the show would just lack the suspense if people were like "well, Superman hit the astroid, but some is still heading this way, and will hit in five months. If Clark does not remember who he is in the next 10 episodes or so, we will have problems. Otherwise, things will be hunky-dory."
That might have been fun. Clark has memory problems from ASU through House of Luthor, only regaining them in time to tell Lois that he loves her, but by this time everyone knows that CK=SM, because even though he had been able to figure out how to use his powers, he never regained his memory until the thought of losing Lois knocked him (metaphorically) over the head? Hmmmm. This sounds like a challenge!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.