Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Originally posted by John Lambert:
[b]I also have to really wonder why Lois is yelling "Clark" at him as she is coming up from the police car at his parents house just after battle of Smallville. I think they really should have had her yell "Superman", even if she has not really clearly told him that is his name yet. Maybe they did that so no one in the audience doubts that Lois knows CK=SM.
Doesn't a solider tell the general / coronal that "that's what they're calling him now" during the Smallville battle sequence? If so, Lois wasn't privy to that development since she was taken at the same time as Clark, so she doesn't know that she should call him Superman, she only knows him as Clark. [/b]
But doesn't she invent the Superman name during the "what does the S stand for" discussion.

At least, she clearly knows his Kryptonian name is Kal-el, so even if she has not fully decided to go with calling him Superman, she could yell "Kal-el" so people don't know who he really is.

Although if those are Smallville police, they may have heard the story of the bus rescue, heck for all we know one is the Fordham boy (who Mrs. Roos says saw what happened as well), or Lana (I don't think we actually see who else is in the police car at all), so maybe Lois is not really giving anything away. Still, I figure since we already saw her decide on the Superman name she should start using it.

John Pack Lambert