Originally posted by mrsMxyzptlk:
Originally posted by John Lambert:
[b]That said, I will go with the view that Clark has no justified reason to propose before telling her. He would have told her if it had not been for Mazik's call at the start of the episode, so his actions at the end make no sense.
I agree. It's unconscionable for Clark to propose without Lois knowing. He's asking her to marry him when she doesn't have all the facts. He did the same thing in the comics, too. They were engaged for a while before he told her, and I think they broke up for a while as a result. Not a smart move. [/b]
At least in Lois and Clark, Clark almost has the excuse he gets panicky seeing Lois nearly die, but I never buy it. It is really a result of the fact that not all of those involved were ready to let Lois know by the end of season 2, so they put off even deciding if she should know until the next season. Maybe also hoping to keep viewers by upping the suspense.

I am glad that Man of Steel dispenses with the whole "will she or won't she learn" angle. I am thinking at some level we would be too afraid they would do a memory wipe kiss, so I am just really glad they removed that whole angle.

Anyway, MoS Lois Lane is already a Pulitzer preize winner. She is not as easily fooled as aspiring Pulitzer prize winners as Lois and Clark Lois Lane.

L&C Lois:Nonsense. It is that my Clark is smarter. He knows that you do not rescue top reporters in ways that will shout "you saw me working as a grunt here, you know that I have a secret and will want to hunt it down". My Clark made sure his debut was in a way that he was clearly and without question totally in the open, and clearly just barging into the place of danger to rescue me, not lurking there under as assumed name. If my Clark had come on the space shuttle under the flase identity of Joe, I would have tacked him down and figured out his background in ten minutes as well.

Mos Superman:It was more then ten minutes.

L&C Clark:Not in the movie, not in the movie.

John Pack Lambert