I think that the voice over was meant to suggest Lois was really struggling at this tracing the lead. I think it would make a lot more sense if it took at least a month.
Maybe. I need to see it a second time. My sense that it was quicker comes because of how I remember the sequence of events, but I'm not sure I'm remembering correctly (I mostly remember what happened, but have trouble with "when"). As I recall, Perry's story was rejected by Lois, and at that time she did not know who her rescuer was. She spoke to Clark. She came back to work and was punished by Perry for the blog-leak (probably within a week, because if that was old news, he wouldn't be talking about it now). Now, she could have been healed up and doing searching before she turned in her article-that-wasn't-published. But I definitely don't think it was month between the article going to the blog and her finding out the truth, because she was reprimanded immediately upon her return. Idle thought: I should check her clothes during her investigation scenes and see if she's wearing the same outfit in any of them or not (doubt it).

However, if she had already done her research and discovered Clark before she turned in the first article to Perry (and it was rejected), then I could see it taken much longer (and it'd explain why she didn't seem injured anymore). But I don't see why she'd wait a month to publish an article about a spaceship and a super-powered being. And if she already knew who he was it would make more sense to either publish his identity (not respecting his wishes/privacy) or (respecting his wishes/privacy) not publish anything at all about the superpowered probable-alien (at least until she talked to the guy she'd already identified).

I really do need to see it again, because I'm just not sure.

I really wish we had seen more of Perry. I also wish we had seen more of journalist Clark. I am hoping they do a sequel where we see significant amounts of both.
I'd love to see more of Perry. On the little we saw of him, he seemed interesting. Smart, perceptive, and not as over-the-top as some Perrys (which I also enjoy, I admit). I don't care about journalist Clark - this, to me, is clearly one of the versions of the story where journalism is just a way to further heroism. "Hero" is his job description and being at the paper just lets him do his real job more efficiently. It's sorta golden age, and I'm good with that. At this point, I'd be disappointed with the seeing Clark as someone always interested in journalism or as someone who found his calling in that. It seems clear to me that the theme was in Clark choosing his own destiny, despite the words or wills of those around him. What he always wanted was to help people and make a difference and now he's letting himself do that through his abilities. While he could do that through journalism, as well, that's not him becoming "something other than what society intended" the way him using his powers to be a superhero is (since that's what he was told he couldn't do). Does that make sense?

Perry rescuing Jenny was a good scene, but even that was under developed.
I tend to agree. I wasn't really emotionally invested.