Originally posted by Christina:
From Classicalla

I, for one, did not like that Lois knows so soon that CK=Superman. That just seems to suck a little bit of the romance out of it. I mean I always thought she was smart enough to figure it out, but she was blinded by her love of and caring for Superman.
To be quite honest, I have grown to HATE the speech by H.G. Wells about this. It is the sort of thing that could go REALLY bad if Clark wasn't THAT good (and for the LnC version it did multiple times before Clark.) I was really very happy that they bypassed that.
I have to second the view that it was a good thing they by-passed the "Lois rejects Clark but is in love with Superman" angle. Or any other angle of Lois not knowing.

It just always undermines Lois's credibility as a tough, competent investigative reporter. It has also been done to death. The comics ran that angle for 50 years or so. Even "Smallville", where they did not have Superman yet, did the "Lois in love with Clark's super identity" line.

I think it was high time a new formula was used.

From what little I have seen of the earlier Superman films, I always thought the Lois/Superman relationship was done horribly. I was so glad we did not get a repeat of Jor-el's "never choosing just one of them", anti-Lois spiel.

I also got the impression that Superman's x-ray vision is more realistic than in the 1978 film, where he can someone see clothing under other clothing with it. That whole interview scene with Superman and Lois was just messed up.

Lois knowing allows her to be a more active participant in the relationship. Superman still may have saved her life three times (and I might not be counting all of them), but he would not have escaped from the ship if Lois had not done some of the things she did.

I hope Lois gives him the "We need to make sure others do not find out who you really are" speech.

John Pack Lambert