from Tzigone
Also - there's a big plot-hole in the movie. It can probably be fanwanked, but there's no explanation given in-movie (that I recall): why did Zod want to make Earth his new Krypton? They can terraform planets, so why not pick one with no life on it? Then Kal-El might have been more agreeable to Zod getting the codex (well, he didn't trust him anyway, but still). Why did it have to be Earth. I mean, I know Earth was closest, but it's such a small inconvenience to go elsewhere and avoid genocide.
I thought it was rather implied that there weren't a whole lot of planets that could be terraformed and that because of previous failures, Earth was one of the only possibilities they had. I also got the impression that Zod was making Earth "pay" for Jor-El's "treachery".

~~~~~

Someone mentioned that most of the people of Earth didn't know what was happening, but I remember a scene where the terraforming process was being transmitted on TV, so the vast majority of the people of Earth did know that aliens were attacking and trying to take over the planet.

~~~~~

I, for one, did not like that Lois knows so soon that CK=Superman. That just seems to suck a little bit of the romance out of it. I mean I always thought she was smart enough to figure it out, but she was blinded by her love of and caring for Superman.

~~~~~

For the most part, I really liked the movie, but I did think it went a little overboard on the destruction. I couldn't help but be reminded of 911. Maybe that was done for effect for the 3D. I didn't watch the 3D because of a history of migraines.

~~~~~

I liked the beard and indeed the hairy chest!

~~~~~

I felt sorry for Clark because he had to kill Zod, but it was obvious he was upset about it. I thought it was an integral part of the movie. Even our beloved LNC Clark came to that point himself when he nearly killed Nor and would have if the government hadn't stepped in to try to kill him, too.

~~~~~

I think they could have had Clark save the bus load of kids without revealing his secret. He wouldn't have needed to come up out of the water so quickly that Pete Ross and Lana Lang saw him. I think they just wanted Pete and Lana to know. As for Jonathan saying that Clark should have let the kids die, if you think about it, that is what someone might say before they think. Like if they said it in anger. But that isn't what they did in the movie - Jonathan was quite calm.

~~~~~

I do think Clark could have saved Jonathan without anyone noticing. As for saving the family dog, I can see Jonathan going back for the dog and thinking that he had more time. Plus the dog also dies. Having a child die in MoS probably wouldn't have been a good thing and would have garnered negative attention - thus the dog.

~~~~~

On a side note, I've been hearing on the Weather Channel that heading for an underpass during a tornado is a bad thing because the wind is actually worse and can suck you right out from under the underpass, so don't do that.

~~~~~
From Mouserocks:
Also, the scene where he's first in the suit and flying means he didn't fly before, right? So he literally was travelling the old fashioned way around the world. He could jump, but flying wasn't an option. Or at least that's how I interpretted it?
That was the first time he had flown.

~~~~~

I don't think it's a given that Clark had no credentials to be given the job at DP. Even in LNC, he traveled around the world after he got his education, and I was always thought it was assumed that he did not always work as a reporter in those travels nor did he always use his own name. He would not necessarily need to have a degree in journalism. A degree in other things could also work. Perry could know something is up or maybe not. Big companies do sometimes give people jobs that don't have any or much experience - otherwise, how would people get experience?

~~~~~

I am also thinking that Metropolis is only workably on the west coast. At least it seemed to me that it was earlier in the day at the DP when the message from Zod came in than it was for Clark in Kansas.
I didn't notice this. I guess I'd have to see the movie again. I would not like moving Metropolis to the west coast (just as I didn't like it being in Kansas in Smallville).

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~