#37 Mulher em Branco - Rodrigo Guedes de Carvalho

After her son disappears a woman becomes amnesiac. That's the premise, but the book, although not my favorite from this author, is special in the way that portrays loss and grief - mostly through inner monologues of the several characters.

#38 Equal Rites - Terry Pratchett
#39 Mort - Terry Pratchett

By now, my monthly usuals. And, yeah, Granny Weatherwax is amazing.

#40 The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid - Bill Bryson

thumbsup Found this one by chance in the public library. I've read other books by Bryson and liked them but this one had the added bonus of helping me put in context (and quite by coincidence) the subject I was studying earlier in the month in one of my classes about media studies.

#41 A Spectacle of Corruption - David Liss

The adventures of Benjamin Weaver continue. I liked it, but I was a little confused at first with some of the plot twists. Still, it was a good read.

#42 Crime and Punishment - Fyodor Dostoevsky

My accomplishment of the month. I was awed by the book - the way it conjugates plans of reality and dream, and how the author progresses the storyline in an apparently simple but oh so ingenious way. And most of all Raskolnikov's inner turmoils and decisions based mostly on coincidences. It's decided. One of these days I'll read the Brothers Karamazov.

Granny Weatherwax: 'You've got to think headology, see? Not muck about with all this beauty and wealth business. That's not important.'

Wyrd Sisters, Terry Pratchett