The Survivor’s Club – Lisa Gardner
The Other Daughter – Lisa Gardner
The Perfect Husband – Lisa Gardner
The Stone Child – Dan Poblocki

I Am Not A Serial Killer – Dan Wells

The title of this one put me off a little – I had no clue what it was about, actually thought it might be a true crime book, and I had my doubts when I opened it up, but I’m so glad I did. It could very well have been titled “Dexter: The Teen Years” instead and it has many – thoroughly enjoyable – parallels with the Dexter novels.

15 YO John Cleaver knows he’s a sociopath and has developed a set of personal rules to avoid the destiny he believes fate is pushing him towards – to become a serial killer. But now a real, honest-to-goodness serial killer is stalking his small community and a choice has to be made….

Told in the first person, it has the same wry, dark humour, the matter-of-fact attitude to murder and the honest, almost child-like bewilderment when dealing with people and the world that Dexter exhibits. I LOL’d quite a lot during this, when I wasn’t being squicked out. goofy And to my delight it’s the first in a series – which I am definitely going to have to read more of. If you enjoy Dexter, you might want to give these a try.

Anne, what did you make of Deception Point? I'm not a huge DB fan, but I thought that one was the best I'd read and actually better than TDC or AAD.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers