Hello guys,

It seems Labrat that you're going to finish your 50 book challenge easily, we are not even at the half of the year !
I was not reading much except for the L&C fics, always a fan, but last week a friend lent me "The Host" by Stephenie Meyer and it makes me want to read again, so this is my list for now :

#1 The Host - Stephenie Meyer
I like it. We're following a woman Melanie Stryder who has been captured by some parasites who had taken the complete control of Earth by inserting themselves in humans. One of them, Wanderer, was inserted in Melanie ans so she fought not to disappear and to have her life back.
There is love too, but the story is far more mature than Twilight ! You have a good time if you want to unwind.

#2 Hush Hush - Becca Fitzpatrick
Boring and uninteresting.

#3 La fille de papier (Girl on paper) - Guillaume Musso
He is a French author, he writes most of the time romantic novel, the encounter of a man and a woman who may find love along the way or not.

"« She appeared on my terrace on a stormy night, soaking wet and stark naked:
-Where did you come from?
-I fell...
-Fell out of what?
-Fell out of your book. You know, out of your story!»"
In this story, Tom Boyd, a famous writer who’s suffering from writer’s block, meets the heroine of his novels. Billie, the girl on paper is in danger, if Tom stops writing she may die. An incredible story, impossible ... but what if ?

#4 Guilty Pleasures, the fist adventure of Anita BLake) - Laurell K. Hamilton
Nice, but I'm not enough interested in to continue the series.

#5 The laughing corpse (T2) - Laurell K. Hamilton
I read this one, because the book I bought, was composed of the two stories.

#6 Swordspoint - Ellen Kushner
Amazing, love it ! The main character is a swordsman, Richard St-Vier, who earns his life with murder contracts. Always wise ans cautious with his business, he is nevertheless going to be intertwined in the nobility's political, social ans sexual intrigue.
Kushner is an amazing writer, this world she introduced us in, depicts perfectly the versatility of men and women.