The Kingslayer Chronicles I: The Name of the Wind - Patrick Rothfuss

Quite simply the best fantasy novel I've read this year. I was hooked right from page one and enthralled every step of the way. In my top ten list of all time favourites. One of those books where you keep sneaking a peek at the percentage at the bottom of your Kindle because you don't want to finish it too quickly and really don't want it to end at all.

Only fly in the ointment is that halfway through this first book I realised it's part of a trilogy. Book one was published in 2007. Book two..in March of this year. Book three? Who the hell knows? Not the author apparently, who doesn't even mention it on his webpage, although he's chockful of talk about his other projects. razz Why do I keep doing this to myself? You'd think I've have learned the hard lesson with Jordan and Martin. <sigh>

Ah well, at least book one didn't end on a cliffhanger.... It's going to be a heck of a long wait to get the rest of the story though.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers