#3 The Soul Collectors - Chris Mooney

Well, CM hasn't let me down yet and this book was just as enjoyable as the others. Some of the plot elements hovered a little on the border of belief, but that was a minor point. I was a little unsure of his chief protagonist - Darby McCormack - initially, but by this book I'm definitely getting to like her. She strikes me as being very much a female Jack Reacher. A word of advice to villians out there. Do not even think of kidnapping Darby McCormack and threatening to torture and/or kill her. Just. Don't. She will go nuclear on your butt. Walk away now.

#4 Exposed - Alex Kava

I've read all of AK's previous Maggie O'Dell novels and enjoyed them immensely. But this one just didn't work for me. I felt it was tired, the characters seemed to just be going through the motions and doing what they'd done for several previous books. Add that to a lacklustre plot and lots of pages of science talk which bored me and this was a definite dud.

Fortunately, I'm a third of the way through the next book in the series and that is much more like it.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers