More re-reads
21. Lady Whistledown Strikes Back - Julia Quinn, Suzanne Enoch, Mia Ryan, and Karen Hawkins
22. Further Observations of Lady Whistledown - Julia Quinn, Suzanne Enoch, Mia Ryan, and Karen Hawkins

Both are Regency romances set in Julia Quinn's Bridgerton universe.

23. Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing - Jude Blume - I had a revelation about Peter's turtle, so I had to read it. It's been many many years since the last time I read it!

23.5. Santa Baby - Jennifer Crusie, Lori Foster and Carly Phillips - I didn't finish this one. Jennifer Crusie's story was fast paced (took place in about 12 hours or so) and it didn't lend itself to any sort of character growth that I've seen in other short stories, such as the ones above. Her writing definitely works better in a longer format. Lori Foster's story was pure smut. Not what I was looking for, even in a romance novel, and definitely not something I felt comfortable reading in the middle of the restaurant where I was having lunch. I didn't even bother reading Carly Phillips' story, as the premise sounded equally as bad. Good thing this was a library book and not something I bought.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited