1. What does your board name mean?
Well, I picked the username when I picked out an e-mail address years ago. I can't remember when I started being Doranwen, it's become so much a part of me. Anyway, so I use it everywhere online that I possibly can. If you see a Doranwen, it's probably me (except at Gmail--don't ask me who stole my name there, lol). It's actually a supposedly Scottish word I stole from a fantasy book + a Welsh female name ending.

2. Where do you live, and what is something you love about that place?
Well, my home is really in Washington state, and as EditorJax said, gotta love it 'cause it's got everything. Particularly for the mountains and green grass and trees, and the ocean . . . Can you tell I live on the west side? *g* I'm currently in Michigan, though, and I like it 'cause there's delicious fruit in the summers.

3. When did you start watching L&C?
I saw a little as a kid, and liked it somewhat, but forgot about it. Then when I got into file-sharing programs, I discovered someone had the pilot ep (a double-long ep, though their version was the US pilot and had a tornado warning blipping out some of Lois's confession in the hangar, which was annoying), and two more eps from S1. I think it was #2 and the one with the kids and the pig. So I watched those and really loved 'em. Then I discovered fanfic and dove into that. And thousands of fanfics later, I actually got to watching a few more eps, thanks to Annette and having my wisdom teeth pulled. Hurt too much to do anything, and at least I could concentrate on watching L&C and kinda enjoy it, despite the pain. I never have watched all the show though, got stuck somewhere around the end of the 3rd and beginning of the 4th season, and have gotten into other things since.

4. Rank the seasons in order of preference:
1, 2, 3, 4. I loved S1, S2 was a lot of fun too, S3 got all the wacky clone business, and I haven't even really seen S4 so I can't put it at the top--plus I don't like Lois's haircut, lol. So I'll put it last.

5. What is a show currently on the air you just can't miss?
There isn't one. I actually can't remember the last time I watched a television for television--or even watched one at all. I don't have a show I'm currently following--I discovered The Pretender a year or so ago and devoured it, and if they were making more I can guarantee you that's the one I'd follow. Besides, they never finished that show off properly anyhow, so it needs to be continued. Back when I watched Smallville (during seasons 2 and 3), I waited anxiously for each episode to make it to the file-sharing program I was able to use at my university so I could grab it and watch. But I quit that show somewhere in Season 4--I hated the way it was going. So there really isn't any show I'm anxious for right now.

6. What is your cooking (or burning) speciality?
I make a pretty good Pad Thai, baklava, and I'm getting good at Southeast Asian-style stir-frys. I'm not bad at soups from scratch either (potato soup is very easy). My mother is a very good cook and she wasn't about to let me escape home without learning a good deal.

7. What sports team do you always root for, even when they suck?
I don't watch sports--at least not that sort of team sports. Figure skating is interesting enough, at least at the Olympics. So's gymnastics. Otherwise, sports isn't my thing at all.

8. What is something you never leave the house without?
Nowadays, that's my purse. It's got my ID, my credit card, my car keys, and important things like chapstick and pencil and paper. And I usually throw my cell phone in it too, so that goes.

9. Who is the first FoLC you really remember talking to?
Good question (and I'm not going to say my brother, because even though he IS a FoLC now, he wasn't when I became one!). I remember I read a lot of fanfic before getting on IRC or even discovering the boards, and I think ChiefPam was one of the first. Or whoever I dealt with to get on the boards. I remember asking Pam for a fanfic she had that got lost online. And I know I chatted with Wendy early on, 'cause hers were practically the first fics I ran across. Not sure exactly who, but someone in there.

10. As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
An obstetrician. I saw my mom's medical books (she'd studied to be a nurse for a time) and I thought babies being born looked SOOOO cool. I wanted to do that too. Then I grew up and realized I hated blood and guts and all that, and decided that really wasn't my thing. And I discovered I loved teaching people things, so I was destined to be a teacher. That's my current focus.

11. What is something you collect?
Music, e-books, movies, fanfic, stuff I can find online that I'd like to read or watch or listen to later. I also collect educational materials, online or physical. I'm going to be a teacher, after all.

12. Are you less bored than when you started this poll?
Maybe. I've got to get back to a research project though, and I'm not looking forward to that.

Don't point. You make holes in the air and the faeries escape.