1. What does your board name mean?
I have my very own Clark Kent (a farmboy) and he thinks of me as a Little Tornado. He also thinks of me as a "Breakfast Elephant" because I eat a lot but I am tiny, go figure. He just likes the sounds of the words I suppose. But yeah it made more sense to use The Little Tornado than Breakfast Elephant.

2. Where do you live, and what is something you love about that place?

I currently live in Fremantle in Western Australia. What I love about it is that it's a city really but everyone knows everyone else as if it was a country town. I have lived in central Freo for a long time now and you get to know the people who run the businesses and who work here. People feel personal ties here due to family history or it being the place they have run their small business from. It's a hotspot on the weekends for nightclubs and things like that but it is also bohemian and full of artistic creative people and music. It's a political centre. It was the port town for the Western Australian colony and state and still is and out of the dockworker's movement came the Labour Party. The Labour Party has a stronghold in Freo and is currently the party in power in Federal Government in Australia. Freo is the place where such movements get started and is a safe place to be for anyone different in any way. I haven't found people who are more accepting of difference anywhere else in Australia including the supposedly more multicultural and cosmopolitan cities like Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney. Apologies to anyone from those places, I mean no offense, but when I have been there it feels as if difference is only accepted if you are a) part of a clique or b) if being a different in a particular way is the fad of the moment.

3. When did you start watching L&C?

It was aired in Sri Lanka in the 90's but I never got to watch it having had to be at my dancing classes instead. I was aware of it and I read fanfic for ages and lurked before I got the DVDs in about 2005/2006/2007 and started watching. I knew I hated Season Three and Four. I knew that in my gut somehow.

4. Rank the seasons in order of preference:
Hmmm... Season 1 - just fun writing and the cutest Jimmy Olsen ever! Then Season 2 which was less wonderful cos they took away Jimmy and some of the situations were clearly contrived but there was still some good writing. Seasons 3 and 4 I am not sure I even want to rank really because I really don't think they should have gotten together so fast. I know that in the time of the show it was supposed to be two to three years but that was never made that clear to the viewers (the idea that a lot of time had passed). I always felt that they finished one story and mystery one week and the next week was the next episode which meant that about three seasons would have to go past before they got halfway through one year.

5. What is a show currently on the air you just can't miss?

I actually don't watch TV anymore. A lot of it is rubbish and all the good stuff seems to be on cable which I can't afford. I have heard rave reviews of Heroes but I have yet to see it. And I am bit nostalgic for what we had in the 90s. So I am at a loss as to a TV show. There is nothing I watch religiously. I'd say if TIME TEAM (Archaeology show), ANTIQUES ROADSHOW (new episode please) or MICHAEL PARKINSON was on, I'd watch those. I used to watch the new DR. WHO but I have gone off that as well now given that they just don't make the episodes that fun anymore though David Tennant is still droolworthy.

6. What is your cooking (or burning) speciality?

I suppose it would be salads, curries, anything really. My best dish? It depends. There's a wicked chickpea salad, dahl curry, fish curry, chilli con carne, paella, I do wicked pastas and sauces, roast chicken, grilled fish, bruschetta, butter cake ... if you turn up at my place, you will be fed.

7. What sports team do you always root for, even when they suck?

Much like my politics, I have stopped rooting for teams, I try to support players now. Daniel Vettori, current New Zealand cricket captain is my fave since he has a pharmacology degree and wears glasses on the field. He is a Clark Kent, he conducts himself well unlike Ricky Ponting who heads the Australian team. Glenn McGrath, Adam Gilchrist, Steve Waugh have all retired now.

8. What is something you never leave the house without?

My Aus and SL passports. They are my main forms of ID and my only legal ID in SL. So I have brought the habit over here in Aus though my Clark Kent boyfriend worries that I might lose them if I keep carrying them around.

9. Who is the first FoLC you really remember talking to?

Talking to? Probably Lady Mirth aka Hasini because I found out she's an SL girl too. We actually met up in 2007. That being said TOC and Darth Michael always put a smile on my face and Mona was the first to ask me to cowrite.

10. As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?

I didn't have a clue. Honestly, I didn't. I often wished I knew so I could make the right decisions regarding degrees and so on. People said I'd be a writer. And voila! What am I doing now? I am a freelance editor and writer! Go figure.

11. What is something you collect?

Postcards. The free ones that are colourful and used to advertise something. They are free and they are going to be valuable someday as ephemera. Another thing I would love to collect is Wedgewood glass from the 1970s specifically by a particular designer. I have one paperweight piece of his - a little orange bird and I would love to have more but I fear they are all in the UK and out of my price range. I keep saying that the bird is my nest egg for any future kids' college fees. By that time it should surely be worth something though I'd hate to sell it for any reason.

12. Are you less bored than when you started this poll? More hungry, less bored, more anxious that I need to go to the nearest train station now (it's almost midnight and that's where the nearest snack machine is) and get a bar of chocolate. also very sick with the 'flu.

Cheers,

The Little Tornado.

The Little Tornado is ....

Marisa Wikramanayake
Freelance Writer & Editor,
Board Member of SoEWA and Writing WA
http://www.marisa.com.au