OK can I just say that although Ive not posted here in ages I have to put in my 2 pennies worth about "Superman Returns". Went to see it last week when it opened and absolutely loved it. Turned into a four year old when the credits began and the tune played and pretty much sat with a cheesey grin on my face the whole way through.

Effects: fabby

Luthor: could have been more evil but Spacey was way better than Hackman and to date no one has gotten Lex up to the comic book standard.

Lois: Too young but decent though I agree that she was not edgy enough

Clark Kent: Non-existent but who care did you see Superman jawdrop

If there's one question this film does answer it's why the hell is lois interested in supes (essentially a fantasy) over the delectable clark and I reitterate did you see supes!!

Alrighty now that I've exercised my inner twelve year old girl...I just have to say that I am a superman fan, not strictly L&C. That is I watch the tv show (including JL), read the comics, watch the movies (though it has to be said I've never seen superman four and never intend to) and read the fanfic. I think each incarnation has it's own upsides and downsides and in an ideal world you could mix and match.

This movie could have been terrible (especially given the inclussion of a bit of a fanfic classic cliche) but it was a very enjoyable watch. I even managed to get my geek on with the whole idea that there were supposedly remnants of a planet that was next to a star that went supernova confused - no money for research in the biggest movie budget ever?

I didn't even mind that i had to <g> go see it twice due to the Imax cinema really not being set for the requirements of a long movie and a large drink and me managing to somehow get lost and miss the end!

OK babble done I hope that wasn't too rambly - it's late and dark!

Jupiter

P.S. Am sooooo glad that there was no cheering when I went to see it that would have made me cringe - just a tad

"Gravity is responsible for nearly 70% of accidents involving falling objects"