Oh and saw part of an interview with Singer in which he admitted that part of BR's appeal and why he got the job was because of his resemblance to CR - which would seem to lend weight to the suspicion that any copying of CR's mannerisms, inflections in this movie were more as a result of direction than actor's choice. I think, personally, that was a mistake. But, you never know, might change my mind when I see it.
I heard one reviewer say that Brandon Routh was given lessons on how to act like Chris Reeve. They probably did hire him on resemblance, and his interview, where he accidentally spilled a cup of coffee.

BR hot? Sorry, he does nothing for me. He's about to be typecast, though. *insert ominous music*

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited