Kathy I am honestly hurt that you feel the need to single me out like this? Guess I'm not surprised though.
Genine, I'm sorry. Yes, it's true that I addressed you directly in my post, but that was in response to the generalization you made. I certainly didn't mean to imply that everything I put in my post - eg. about making potentially hurtful comments - was directed specifically at you. It wasn't at all, and I'm sorry that I made you feel that way.

I haven't been around in FoLCdom as long as you have, but I think you can see by the postings that I've made in the past that I don't feel the need to pick or choose sides. But if a person has a strong opinion about something, and feels that someone has spoken out against them, they will usually speak out in their defence. And that's where I was last night. The truth is, I felt a bit insulted by your generalization. Since I am one of those who posted comments about the movie that weren't exactly glowing, I felt that you were including me in your comments, even though I couldn't see anything that I said that was disrespectful or nasty. And as I said, I looked through the other posts here and felt that Arawn's were the only questionable ones, and that even those perhaps weren't meant exactly as they came out on the screen.

I wasn't defending his (her? - sorry, I don't know...) comments, and I did refer to them in my original post as possible exceptions. I'm also aware that you apologized in advance for making your generalization, but I'm afraid that didn't make it any easier to read when I felt it could be aimed at me. And I certainly am aware that there are many places online where Superman fans voice their opinions. As I said, I've mostly only been reading here and at Zoom's, but I have been to a few other sites and have seen some people lash out about the movie, with all the colorful language that such posts usually entail on uncensored message boards. It should have occurred to me that you could be referring to other sites and other voiced opinions. But it didn't, and so obviously I took your comment more personally than it was intended.

Genine, once again I apologize that I hurt you with my comments. I didn't intend that; perhaps my own disturbed feelings about the matter caused me to lash out more than I should have. That's why I rarely post when I'm upset - I'll have to continue enforcing that rule. blush

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5