"Lois, I have something I need to tell you. Can we go talk?"

"Of course, Clark. Conference room is taken, but we can go to the corner there. No one should bother us for a while."

"I... guess. Not very private, but... okay. Good enough, I hope."

"So what is it?"

"Lois... I... I'm..."

"Yes...?"

"Look, it's hard to say. Especially because I keep worrying that someone will hear, but... Oh..." *looks around furtively, opens top of shirt to reveal a good part of the S*

"Oh. That. Yeah, I know."

"You... What?"

"I work closely with you every day, and I've seen... you-know-who up close more than a few times, too. Of course I know. Did you think I was galactically stupid or something?"

"Wha... No! ... I don't think you're stupid. I admire... But... you.... It's just... uhm.... that is..."

"Shhh! Never mind your Kerth-worthy speech. Someone's coming! Close up your shirt!"

"My... uh... oh!" *fumbles with the buttons*

"Here, I'll hold it closed."

"Lois! Clark! I've been looking all over the bullpen for you two! What are you doing lurking over here? If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were necking on company time!"

"No! Mr. White... We weren't... We're not even... We..."

"I took him aside to give him some fashion pointers, Perry. He's my partner. I can't have him going out looking like that! Did you see the tie he was wearing? All those primary colors mixed together! Who does he think he is, Superman? I tell you, Perry. He might... might be a half-decent writer. On a good day. When he's not tripping over his own tongue."

"Uhm... Thanks... I think... But I..." *gulps as her right hand, which Perry can't see, moves surreptitiously across his back*

"See? Eloquent as ever, Clark. But even on a good day, he's got no fashion sense. It's tragic."

"I see. Well fashion tips will have to wait. I've got an assignment for you two."

"Sure thing, Perry. We'll be right along."

"See that you are." *leaves*

"But... Lois... We... Talk... And..."

*takes her hands away, sliding them perhaps a little more than necessary over him* "Come on, Clark. You heard the man. Button up, and see if you can't find a decent tie somewhere. We've got to get back to work." *walks off, all business*

"But... but... I... I'm Superman..."

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.