Lois felt miserable. She had the most boring story assignment of her life, fruit flies, and that was saying something.
Ooooh! Oooooh!

The garbage strike after Christmas hadn’t helped matters any either.
I wonder if Miranda has orchestrated the whole thing, starting with getting Lex to heat up Metropolis and seducing the Garbage Union’s chief so he would call a strike. All in the name of getting a chance to spray Metropolis.

She knew what she wanted to do.
Clark?

She wanted to tell Lex Luthor to take a long walk off a tall skyscraper, but she knew Superman would save even him,
Maybe if she bedded Clark at the time?

Nevertheless, when she had gotten into the office the next morning and went to retrieve her bottle of aspirin from her briefcase, there it had been.
help

just in case it turned into one of those demonic pieces of jewelry, one always heard about in horror stories, that ended up reappearing after being properly disposed of.
Wouldn’t that just mean the watch might end up inside a fish and when Lois and Clark visit a fish restaurant, she gets served the fish with the watch inside? Or… /points up to tidal wave reference/ She should have pried the crystals out of it, sold the watch for its weight at a gold smith and put the crystals in front of a steamroll.

Luckily for her, the watch never made another appearance. Unluckily for her, Lex had.
That’s what assassins are for.

The previous day, Perry had sent Lois to cover a P.R. “thank you” luncheon for military contractors, and she had bumped into Lex.
The wave generator project. Actually, such luncheons are already considered bribery if they’re more than a couple dozen bucks per person. At least, over here.

She had only attended the function because Valdez was out with the flu.
Did Lex have Valdez infected?

Now that Lois did know, she planned on researching exactly what is was.
/whispers/ ‘it’

I did my first of the month inventory and restocking of supplies,”
Huh. Women do that? Or is that a Lois thing? You know, replace broken lock picks. Get some new mace. Put in a new box of DFCBs.

“No!” he sputtered in dismay, reaching for her briefcase, which was as always slung over her shoulder.
clap

She had never been so disappointed in herself. She had promised herself that she wouldn’t fall for Clark before she knew who he was, what his background and history were, and despite all of that, she had gone ahead and done it.
See? Had she done as Cat does and just gotten him out of her system, things would be easier now. Of course, she *would* be considering how to handle a career and a baby come September, but still…

She had even chosen what she was going to say.
Take me. Take me now. ?

Well, nine-hundred and ninety-three pieces; there were still a few pieces she had never recovered after Superman had broken her heart.
Awwwwwwww clap

My source on the MFD arson squad told me that Superman found the body of a highly esteemed jeweler,”
Old Mr. Mazic?

“I promise you, Lois, the next time Superman does something exciting, he’s all yours,”
So, Clark knows what Superman is doing regularly back when he’s home alone?

“Pity,” she murmured, leaning closer to him. She tried not to make it obvious she was catching Clark’s ‘today’ scent.
New hobby?

. Sometimes he smelled like fresh air, other times piney like a forest, every so often there was this dampness or earthiness to him, from time to time he had a smoky scent like danger or a fire,
Huh. [Linked Image]

but he never stunk like cigarettes, cigars, alcohol, sweat, or grime.
Or cheap perfume. So, no stench associated with the hookers that Ralph frequents.

Hmmmm. Maybe she could use that excuse to stay over at his place again.
Right. So not in love.

“Do you think, if it’s not too much trouble, you might have another go at it? And this time, put a little zing into it, will you?”
By turning them into fruit mosquitoes?

“Vivid dreams. I’ll be fine. I have Clausy Bear to protect me,” she teased.
Clausy?

“What? You think ‘Clarkie’ would have been a better name, Kent?”
[Linked Image]

“I promised to name it after Santa.”
How about Krisly Bear?

“I don’t know, Lois, I like the name ‘Clarkie’.” He coughed. “For the bear, of course.”
[Linked Image] No that Clarkie is still available, she could use it as a nickname for something else Clark-related [Linked Image] .

“Kent, if you’re done nibbling on Lane’s neck, how about you tell me how the dock strike’s going?” Perry said, causing Lois to bolt upright.
laugh

“‘Negotiations have broken down again’? Is that supposed to be code for something?” she asked.
laugh

“What? You’re not interested in hanging out and watching the pretty people parade around the newsroom, Clark?” Lois teased, as everyone else filed out of the room.
No, he’s more interested in watching you.
Wait for it...
LOIS: mad

/off to second part/

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.