Lois felt miserable. She had the most boring story assignment of her life, fruit flies,
smile1 We are to PML. OK, I am really scarred that it is going to go horribly wrong in some horrendous way, but I am glad the anticipation is over.

and that was saying something. The extra long hot summer combined with the extra short, mild winter had been the ideal conditions for fruit flies to survive and multiply.
Finally an explanation for spraying for fruit flies in the middle of the winter.

She wanted to tell Lex Luthor to take a long walk off a tall skyscraper, but she knew Superman would save even him, as if Lex would comply with her wishes anyway.
Well, at least she does not want Luthor in any way. This is good.

there it had been.
smile1 she does not like Luthor at all.

Either way, she had needed to investigate a floater down at the docks, so she had grabbed her briefcase and headed for the wharf. MPD had ruled the man a Christmas suicide. Lois wasn’t so sure. There were much better and less painful ways to kill one’s self.
I hope this is someone Luthor had knocked off and Lois figures out that Luthor was responsible for it. OK, I do not have much hope that will happen, but it would be cool.

While at the docks, though, she made sure to drop the watch into the murky grey waters, just in case it turned into one of those demonic pieces of jewelry, one always heard about in horror stories, that ended up reappearing after being properly disposed of.
dance she got rid of the watch. Although I am a bit worried about the Kryptonite being in the water.

Now that Lois did know, she planned on researching exactly what is was.
dance more researching of Luthor.

Lex had asked her specifically why she wasn’t wearing the watch he had given her.
Clark: Luthor seems to be in great need of being a dictionary, especially the n section. He does not understand "no" and "I don't want that".

[Qupte]Lois decided to play dumb. “I returned that watch to you, Lex; conflict of interest and all. Remember?”[/Quote]

Lois: More like conflict of feelings. My feelings were in conflict with accepting it from a creep like Luthor.

“Yes, my dear, but I slipped it into your briefcase before you left the Luthor House.
Lois: This makes me so mad. He flaunts his disregard for my feelings.

“You must be mistaken, Lex, because it wasn’t there when I did my first of the month inventory and restocking of supplies,” Lois replied. Chew on that one, why don’t you?

“No!” he sputtered in dismay,
dance she outbluffed Luthor.

reaching for her briefcase, which was as always slung over her shoulder.
This is not the way to win Lois' heart. Of course Luthor seems to have just continued to dig himself a bigger and bigger whole.

“Lex! What has gotten into you?” Lois gasped, stepping away from him and holding onto her bag. “Are you feeling okay?”
Clark: Obviously he is. He is acting like his normal self, and disrespecting you, Lois. First he shots you, then he buys you like a prostitute, and now he disregards your wish to not have his gift and invades your private space.

He squared his shoulders from the few glances that their conversation received from the others at the luncheon. “Yes, of course. I’m never sick.” He took her elbow and pulled her into the hall. “I apologize, Lois. It’s only that the watch was irreplaceable, a one-of-a-kind item.”
Because it had Kryptonite in it.

Thank God for that miracle, Lois thought.
He can't give her a new one. dance

Aloud she said, “I don’t know what to say, Lex.” This was the truth. She chose to be honest with him. “I did accidentally leave my bag at the office that night. It’s entirely possible that someone removed it then or at the Daily Planet holiday party we had between Christmas and New Year’s.” Okay, mostly honest.
dance she is going to get Luthor to do a wild goose chase for the watch. Hmm, hopefully he does not think to dredge by the docks.

“If you have a thief among your coworkers, it would be best to check the security tapes and see who the culprit is,” Lex suggested.
Clark: Why is Luthor so quick to suggest security tapes. It would suggest maybe he is used to monitoring people in this way.

“The Daily Planet doesn’t have security monitoring of the newsroom floor,” Lois said.
Clark: Am I glad of that.

Lois: Why?

Clark: I can't tell you yet.

Lois: Why not?

Clark: Well I told you, and you didn't believe me.

Lois: Tell me now!

Clark: I am not there now. I can't tell you until I am actually there, at the earliest.

Lois: Don't think you can get out of it this time.

She would make sure never to be so desperate as to have to work for LexCorp, if that was what he considered of his employees’ privacy.
dance she is taking things to heart, even if only a little at a time.

Lex was acting more strangely than usual. They had been out on several dates, but he had never complimented her so… emphatically. Usually his compliments were the general kind ‘you look lovely tonight’, etc.
dizzy Did Luthor already get exposed to Revenge?

John Pack Lambert